Author Topic: Buck or doe?  (Read 3439 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Buck or doe?
« on: January 01, 2014, 12:45:36 am »
This deer looked kind of funny to me.  After looking at the picture for a minute I think it might be a doe with antlers.  I zoomed in on the "goods" and I'm not sure what it is.  Any guesses?

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline 4dog

Re: Buck or doe?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 02:19:03 am »
you found an IT!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 02:31:39 am »
Hermaphrodeer
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 07:46:07 am »
Looks like a teet that has been used. Strange. She probably feels like she has to compete with all those bucks around there and sported a set of antlers >:D

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline RyanR

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 10:19:39 am »
A friend of mine who has since passed on shot a 4-point doe. I think they usually still carry the velvet but, maybe not always. You better shoot it and find out. >:D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 10:28:57 am »
Im saying male. Its cold out. Do really think his "purse" is going to be down low to see?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 10:31:02 am »
Clint, I hunt on a place outside of Llano Texas that has an unusual number of "Stags" as they are known around here.  Some are bucks with no testicles and some are does with antlers???  Always in velvet.  Some of them have pretty big racks, just really knarly.  Most have the body shape of a doe.  It's not uncommon on this place to have several stags on your feeder at one time.  Really bizarre as I've only seen a handful in my entire life before I started hunting here.  This one looks hard horned.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline bushboy

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 10:35:22 am »
looks like a buck is hidden from sight behind the doe?only his horns are visable.
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 11:11:12 am »
Looking at the picture last night we couldn't really decide either way.  It almost looks like another teat above the one.  Or it could be a buck with shrinkage like Pearly said.  Maybe he just went for a swim in the pond  ;D

There is not a second deer behind it. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 11:32:15 am »
Here in Mo. our deer tags say antlered and antlerless because it is so common... That bein said, ive never personally seen or shot an antlered doe... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 02:50:50 pm »
I've see a few does with nice racks, but it's the two legged kind..... ::) :)... :-[  Well in new years day, still celebrating  ;)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 08:59:19 pm »
Saw a real big six point Doe come out of the Green Swamp Mngt Area down here a few years ago.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 09:34:11 pm »
That's a male deer. They have a more pronounced white band around the nose. Also the nose appears broader like a male deer has. I watched two young deer for a week and determined one was a doe and the other a male. At the end of the hunt, I shot one and another guy shot the other one. I was right about them being a doe and male. A static picture like that makes it harder to judge, but my guess is a male deer.

There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 10:00:15 pm »
Either way next time you see it shoot it and get that scrubby little thing out of the gene pool.  :)

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 10:07:43 pm »
I have heard of deer that were not what they seemed to be. If this is a transgendered deer, who did the surgery?