Author Topic: simple flake point using pressure with antler and bone  (Read 1302 times)

Offline iowabow

simple flake point using pressure with antler and bone
« on: December 30, 2013, 02:46:03 pm »
Nothing special here just a simple fast demo on a couple tools I use when pressure flaking ABO.  This a very thin flake and easy for beginners to make points from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3j0QTFcey0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline iowabow

Re: simple flake point using pressure with antler and bone
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 03:04:07 pm »
I can make a demo on more complicated pressure flaking if people are interested.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline maddog314

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 06:16:17 pm »
I would sure like to see some!!!
Micah

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 09:21:27 pm »
Yes Sir,

Me Too!

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 04:54:36 am »
I need to get some bone for a few different things..one a rib notcher and ulna, also some heavy leg bone for carving some Polynesian styled fish hooks...I like using bone and antler.. me and a buddy are experimenting pressure flaking and punching with wood believe it or not...it does work.  Nice little video too!

oh, I live next to a real busy road/highway and only 5 deer including a spike and 4 pointer got hit infront of my house and one a cop blew away to end it suffering I ought to check for some usable bones.  Most have been scavenged and reduced to bone and I saw a carcass drug up into a tree got to be bear..

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill