Author Topic: Spine max/min  (Read 2932 times)

Offline DC

Spine max/min
« on: May 16, 2017, 11:03:44 am »
I shoot bamboo arrows and I find there is a fairly wide range of spines where the arrow will fly nicely. Would there be any advantage to shooting either the stiffest or most flexible in that range?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Spine max/min
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 11:09:00 am »
I don't know if it matters but I think a stiffer arrow would be better as long as it is spined correctly.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DC

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 11:28:08 am »
I guess a stiffer arrow would "straighten up and fly right" faster than a limp one. And I agree, it probably doesn't matter, especially when when your shooting is as inconsistent as mine. It's just one of those niggley questions that pop up.

Offline loon

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 09:26:40 pm »
And I agree, it probably doesn't matter, especially when when your shooting is as inconsistent as mine.
haha same

Well, weak spine arrows are usually lighter, so if you want speed... as long as they don't somehow waste more energy from extra bending..

Offline DC

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 09:43:22 pm »
I find that shooting low spine arrows through the chrono gives less than optimal results. I get way more errors and misreads. By low spine I mean low for the bow. Wobbly arrows trigger weird results.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 07:39:14 am »
Interesting DC.I hav'nt noticed that with my chrono too much yet.Like said stiffer/quicker recovery is better.As long as it hits where your aiming at 10 to 20 yards.
A lot of the reasons why so many just shoot carbides.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed