Author Topic: colorado springs CO bow wood  (Read 1481 times)

Offline lucero_marcus1883

colorado springs CO bow wood
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:35:07 pm »
Hey i live in colorado springs colorado and i was wondering if anyone knows of any local places to buy or harvest good bow staves and rawhide/sinew for backing i am new to bow makeing and i want to start on my first bow if u live close and perfer to text me message me and i will give my number thanks all

Marcus

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Re: colorado springs CO bow wood
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 04:50:35 pm »
Well, I cant help ya. I live in Michigan. But welcome to PA! Looking forward to seeing that first bow.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 05:04:05 pm »
Welcome to PA, Marcus.  Juniper, choke cherry and serviceberry are 3 bow woods that should be in your area.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 08:45:50 pm »
Pikes Peak has some great sinew, I have seen some nice mule deer just off the road...lol

There was a primitive muzzleloading group in that area and they deal with skins and such that you might get some of.

If you can head east into Kansas the side of the interstate is covered with Osage Orange. We come out to elk hunt in September and the Osage balls can be seen hanging in the trees....hurts my feeling not to stop and cut some. May be some members on here that live in that area to trade some staves to you.

Good Luck
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

mikekeswick

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 04:00:25 am »
Welcome!
I went on a climbing holiday to Colorado Springs a few years ago.....man you are a lucky guy that place was AMAZING!
Good luck with finding some wood.