Author Topic: USPS ever lose a bow? (not yet)  (Read 1890 times)

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
USPS ever lose a bow? (not yet)
« on: December 25, 2013, 10:05:22 pm »
I mailed a bow Priority Mail from ohio to virginia on the 17th. Estimated delivery for the 20th. Tracking site shows it dispatched to the sorting facility from the post office i mailed it from on the 17th. Sorting facility is in columbus. Mailed another package at the same time and it made it into columbus system the 18th. The bow has never shown up on the tracking site since it left original post office. Called customer service on the 24th to see if they could tell me anything. Automated answering system put me on hold for 10 min. Woman answers and asks what i need. I tell her and give her the tracking #. After a couple minutes she says she is having computer trouble and asks if i can hold. 10 minutes later she comes back on and says she thinks its fixed and asks for tracking # again. Two minutes later she says her computer froze again and she is going to transfer me to someone else. On hold for 10 more minutes. Different woman comes on and i give her the tracking #. She asks if package was going from ohio to virginia and i say yes. She says SORRY, I work in international tracking. Iwill have to transfer you to someone else. On hold for over 30 mins. Decide to hang up and start over. Automated answering system put me on hold for another 45 mins. Had to be somewhere so i finaly hung up. Of course they are closed today so i will try again tomorrow. Sorry for the long post but ive been stewing off and on since yesterday.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:18:32 pm by turtle »
Steve Bennett

Offline Rick Wallace

Re: USPS ever lose a bow?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 11:45:30 pm »
I would go to the post office and introduce myself. Ask for the head mail boy. I hate bad customer service and im not shy about telling them. Hope you find it.
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 07:51:26 am »
I had a Flat Rate box of rocks take 34 days to get from Florida to Chicago.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 09:23:38 am »
I had two bows I shipped priority mail 2 day take 2 weeks this month, or maybe even a bit longer. One I shipped didn't even update at the post office to show it got scanned in, it didn't update until like two weeks later when it arrived in Las Vegas (coming from ohio). Hopefully it will be okay like mine were, and is just hectic from being overloaded with holiday shipping. The one I had promised the person it would make it by christmas for a christmas present, so that was very stressful.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline 4dog

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 10:42:20 am »
just sent a 6' long tube of 1 1/2" pvc with bow inside from Texas to Indiana,, took a coupla days longer than expected...but made it just fine.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 02:36:48 pm »
it sure did 4dog  ;) ;D ;D. He was worried though, had a guy PM and everything. Thought I was shirkin my resonsabilities.  ;D ;D Hope it makes it for ya turtle!! dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 08:17:20 pm »
Guess i was jumping the gun. It was delivered today. Never showed up on any scans untill today when it arrived in the town it was going to. Was delivered at 3:25 pm. Now i just have to wait for a phone call to see if it arrived in one piece. I dont mind it taking extra long to get there this time of year. Just wished their tracking system would of showed it was making progress instead of looking like it fell of the face of the earth.
Steve Bennett

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 10:13:15 pm »
Guess i was jumping the gun. It was delivered today. Never showed up on any scans untill today when it arrived in the town it was going to. Was delivered at 3:25 pm. Now i just have to wait for a phone call to see if it arrived in one piece. I dont mind it taking extra long to get there this time of year. Just wished their tracking system would of showed it was making progress instead of looking like it fell of the face of the earth.

Ha, mine did the same thing with the tracking. Feels good though, don't it! I'm glad it was ok.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair