Author Topic: Went to the dentist and got some bad news  (Read 2090 times)

Offline mcginnis6010

Went to the dentist and got some bad news
« on: December 20, 2013, 01:23:54 pm »
Well it turns out that apparently iam genetically predisposed to cavities. So i have to have four teeth removed (they at first suggested root canals i said i dont think so) and three small cavities filled with composite resin( white fillings). Atleast they are gonna refer me to an oral surgeon and knock me out. And after al that is done i have to have a partial denture made to replace my missing teeth so it doesnt affect my bite. As of now they filled the decayed teeth with temporary fillings until i could get the veterans affairs to approve the surgery so they pay for it bc i certainly dont have 2 grand just laying around and i dont want them to get to the point that they hurt bc they are almost to my root nerves.
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!

Offline autologus

Re: Went to the dentist and got some bad news
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 01:36:10 pm »
I am as well and over the course of my 44 years I have had probably 44 fillings.  I have even had fillings replaced with fillings. 3 root canals and 2 crowns.  I still have all of my teeth minus the wisdom teeth of course but they are still chomping.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 01:36:39 pm »
I don't blame you one bit.  Every root canal I have ever had eventually got absessed under the tooth and had to be pulled.  That was a bunch of money wasted.  Best of luck with it.

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 01:46:47 pm »
Yea they tell me that 1 or 2 of the teeth my be difficult to remove as the roots are slightly curled. And there is evidence that root canals are actually bad for you to get. They also told me that bc im of my genetic predisposition that it may not be the last time ill have tooth extractions. Man this sucks. I have a phobia of dentists after my last wisdom tooth extraction at the veterans affairs hospital as they almost killed me from an infection caused by bone fragments left in the socket. Oh and they used a chisel which was very unnerving.

Offline bow101

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 02:00:30 pm »
I hear ya, hopefully everything works out.  They allways seem to have their hands out when you get off the dentist chair.  But there some dentists that give you a break on paying. I use to make out post dated cheques.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline artcher1

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 04:53:23 pm »
Doc said, if I lose one more tooth, my draft status changes ;D.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 05:35:25 pm »
I hate the dentist but go probably 3 times a year.  I want to keep my teeth.  They sell me a flouride rinse I use.  I stopped having cavities.
1’—>1’

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 11:30:21 pm »
I don't blame you one bit.  Every root canal I have ever had eventually got absessed under the tooth and had to be pulled.  That was a bunch of money wasted.  Best of luck with it.

Had that happen also...ouch!
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 12:26:45 pm »
I am a dentaphobe - if they tell me root canal I am with you - yank the darn thing out. I have bad teeth - lots of fillings a few crowns some of which have come off and not been replaced. Front top three are a permanent porcelain bridge.  The rest are still in working order. Being an adult inset diabetic they do not eat as much sweets as they used to.

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 03:47:04 pm »
Now i gotta go to va hospital in salem, va on the 27th so the chief guy in the dental clinic can do an exam and make sure what my dentist said was right. Im gonna tell him if you can knock me out and do it right now ill let him. I just want them out before the start to hurt.