Author Topic: Full moon  (Read 8515 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Full moon
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 07:37:18 am »
Could have something to do with getting off for a couple of weeks for Christmas
also Tracy. ;) :) I don't pay much attention to the moon when hunting but do find they seem to get up and feed later in the mornings,so on a full moon I try to stay as late as I can,later than I usually do under normal conditions. Don't like the evening as much,they seem to come out right as the moon is coming up and I have to get down. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Greenman1867

• Greenman's Hearth & Homestead
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 08:03:55 am »
I beleive the moon plays a huge part in my hunting success, and I do try to plan my hunts around the New Moon.

Full moons are for sitting around a fire, drinking something good and telling lies with your friends and famlies.

New Moon (Or heavily clouded nights) are for hunting. I find the deer are so much more active during shooting light that it's well worth watching the lunar cycle when booking hunting days off work.
Complete and utter primitive archery rookie.......

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 09:13:13 am »
    I am inclined to agree with most of that.  I have taken deer moving late in the mornings or early afternoon during the full moon, but mostly had much less success the whole week of the full moon.   

As far as fishing on the full moon, I think it helps.  I know the full moon of May should be a national bream fishing holiday.

People go CRAZY on the full moon.  Work a few hot summer full moon nights on patrol and see if you agree with those studies by the mental health pros.... 27 years of law enforcement here, and I have come to expect all sorts of fun and games on the full moon. 

Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Parnell

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 09:36:46 am »
Can't say I have much of an opinion on freshwater, but saltwater down here I like the full moon and the water flow in the passes.  Set me up right at the mouth of the pass with the incoming tide, the fishing is always great, it seems.  Nothing like kayaking out there at night, setting up a fire and throwing some chunks of bait.
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, 09:39:17 am »
The moon messes with me horrible every month. Keeps me awake and fidgety for 3-4 days. I sweat like a pig to. Been that way for years.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Marks

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 11:10:47 am »
I work in the County Property tax office and the full moon brings out the crazies. We have a calendar with the full moon listed on it in our office. There is a lady in the next office down that comes by to see if its a full moon when she has been dealing with crazies that day. She is pretty accurate. Usually within a day or 2.

I rarely pay much attention to the moon when I hunt and fish because it isn't going to affect whether I go or not. If I get a chance I'm gone. Like Pappy, I expect the deer to move late morning or even mid day on full moon nights but I'm still going like normal.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 01:03:44 pm »
Right pappy the holiday break definitely adds to the chaos

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline sleek

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 03:44:56 pm »
Lol... well pearl, that just confirms it. Your a bow making animal :)
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline stickbender

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 04:20:14 pm »
The moon messes with me horrible every month. Keeps me awake and fidgety for 3-4 days. I sweat like a pig to. Been that way for years.

How's your temper?  Does your beard grow more than usual?  Do you have an urge to be near fire hydrants, or trees, or peoples pant legs? ::) Want to mark your territory?  ...... Just.... curious is all.......like Garlic?  Can you be around Wolf's Bane?  Like Gypsie music?

Wayne

Offline artcher1

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 04:48:50 pm »
I don't know what a good night's sleep is even during the dark of the moon. Believe me, it's much much worse during a full moon. So yeah, there' something to it.............Art

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2013, 10:55:13 pm »
I used to date a girl that claimed I turned into a were-octopus during the full moon.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2013, 11:04:40 pm »
I used to date a girl that claimed I turned into a were-octopus during the full moon.

I bet that was a long time ago? :o ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sleek

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2013, 11:05:31 pm »
And she left you? I can only imagine she was a very satisfied lady...
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2013, 05:48:35 pm »
I never pay attention to the full moon when im hunting or fishing, but when i was younger i could never sleep well during a full moon. The last 17 years ive been working swing shift and the moon doesnt seem to mess with my sleep anymore.
Steve Bennett

Offline stickbender

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2013, 06:44:09 pm »

I bet that was a long time ago? :o ::)
      That was mean Eddie. :(  Just because he has a grey beard, and lives in S.D., doesn't mean he can't be as spirited as he once was.  Like the old saying goes, just because there is snow on the roof, doesn't mean that the fire's out in the furnace!  Of course it may take a little more stoking....... ::).  You...... are not that far from the "Old man title".  Mr. Parker?  You mean that old man who wittles on sticks all day?  Yeah, I guess the old people need something to occupy their minds to keep oldheimers from setting in.  He needs to get an I-Pad!  Then he can look up stuff in the twenties, and remember what it was like when his family got light from electric light bulbs, for the first time, and he didn't have to take the five gallon jug down to the local mom and pop store, to get kerosene from the pump with the crank handle.  Yeah, Eddie that was just mean..... funny, but mean...... ;D ::)  Don't let him brow beat you J.W. . ;)  Let him know you are still...... uh...... holding your own........so to speak....... ::) ;D ;D ;D

Wayne