Author Topic: The Osage "Myth" Bow  (Read 15006 times)

Offline artcher1

Re: The Osage "Myth" Bow
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2013, 07:34:34 am »
I don't care what the others say about that handle Chris, I love it! Nice job man. A lot of folks miss that "perfect string alignment" thingy. A few, I think, miss the understanding of how critical it is for any bow........Art
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:51:35 am by artcher1 »

blackhawk

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2013, 07:48:25 am »
Don't we all Greg ;)

Thanks chuck....I miss ya brother and your sense of humor  :laugh:

O.O....I wanna see you n Steve try to shoot it...for my amusement and entertainment of course  :laugh:

Haha bandit....I didn't use a drawknife to cut that gash...its called a band saw!!!  >:D

Thanks soy,cippy,bob ,and danny ;)

Ya know mike that gash helps promote greater accuracy in a human error element world...and thats a fact ;)

Thanks pappy...been like this since early November here ;)

Thanks art....you got that right...its an important piece of the puzzle in making "great" bows ;)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2013, 08:44:51 am »
Such a waste of osage.............osage bows don't need to be over 62-64" long and you wasted 10" of good handle material.....not to mention gashed the side of it, or was that in the stave already?

Sweet bow man! That 44-45# stuff is fun to shoot.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Holten101

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2013, 08:53:20 am »
There is a bow that will last forever:-). Those limbs sure are elegant:-)

Although I dont agree with the shelf, I do see the point of having one.

I would love to know how it compares with one of your lever-bows?

Cheers

Offline Parnell

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2013, 09:03:25 am »
Man oh man, I bet you could push some serious points with that bow at a shoot.  That has to be SMOOTH.  Gotta be the longest Osage bow I've seen to date, also.
I pulled down a thin piece of 'sage last night.  It's wanting to be 1.25" max width.  I think I'm going to give my self some room this time, the stave is 72".  Hmmm, how long to go?

It's a super cool bow Chris.  You'll be passing that one on to your grandkids, maybe!
1’—>1’

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2013, 09:46:35 am »
Uh oh! The handle looks like mine but why is there that huge gash in the side of the handle??? Doesn't that make it unsafe???  ???You an pearly messing up bows like that lately... Get in control of that drawknife!  :o  ;)  >:D

My sentiments exactly!!!
What's with that big gash out of the handle.....when you look at the rest of it you wouldn't believe you could slip up like that :o :o  >:D >:D

Oh come on!!!!!

That bow is alittle long for my taste but turned out gorgeous
I like osage

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2013, 09:50:18 am »
That is an awesome tiller! Nicely done, blackhawk. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2013, 11:34:27 am »
That is a sweet bow, but just imagine how it would shoot if it were yew   >:D  I love that unbraced profile.   8)
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2013, 11:56:28 am »
Well done. Slick looking bow.

Offline dbb

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2013, 12:25:26 pm »
Thats one heck of a targetbow! Me likes...including the "gash"  ;D
It's better to ask and look like a fool than not to ask and remain one...

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2013, 01:21:53 pm »
You know you could make it even longer but you'd have to get a wider garage door!

That's a beautiful bow!

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2013, 01:28:07 pm »
Nice looking Bow. I like the grip contour. I am a big fan of long bows, as I have a 30" draw..Nice work
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2013, 01:35:24 pm »
Amazing
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

blackhawk

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2013, 06:17:36 pm »
Thanks guys ;)

Holten this is a lever bow ;) just a loooong stretched out version

Joe i wouldve said the same thing not too long ago...I think the modern era bows(glass n wheels)has warped European descent/western culture views on bow lengths...my opinion is a longer bow is better period(to a degree of course),and to make a bow as long as possible for its intended uses for your draw length and weight...the pros of such belief far outweigh the cons of them AND the pros of a short bow both by a milestone IMHO ...I hunt exclusively from the ground in thick eastern woodland hill country,and my go to is 69" ttt overall length..I prob won't hunt with this bow(altho I bet I could manage it),and its made more for target shooting as I attend a lot of bow shoots and enjoy shooting for the pure joy of shooting ;) and in that sense the length for my draw makes perfect sense ;)

Carson I did make the same exact bow in yew last december if you can remember back that far....and I think I like the osage better ;)

And thanks again everyone else...always appreciate the replies...good and bad ;)

Offline iowabow

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2013, 09:52:31 pm »
Chris if you could please post one more picture/s of the area where the lever fades into the mid limb. Side view and and if you don't mind the belly of the same area. Thanks Chris.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!