Author Topic: The Iowan Path  (Read 325536 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: The Iowan Path
« Reply #1095 on: June 18, 2024, 09:27:02 am »
Nice John, wondered what you had been up to. Keep us updated on you projects, always enjoy seeing them.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #1096 on: June 19, 2024, 06:36:05 pm »
Looks like Neapolitan Ice Cream!
1’—>1’

Offline iowabow

« Reply #1097 on: July 02, 2024, 12:36:32 am »
I have a “bushhog” which is rotary brush cutter attachment for the tractor. The yoke that holds the wheel broke in to two pieces. I wielded them back together but the sides were no longer in the same plane. So I built a make shift forge and was able to easily bend it back after heating it up. Now  back to the chores of keeping the brush cut back.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1098 on: July 02, 2024, 08:55:35 am »
Yep that will do the trick, always something when bush hogging, my old uncle use to tell me any day bush hogging with out a flat or something breaking was a very good day, ;) I will have to agree. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1099 on: July 02, 2024, 10:26:06 am »
BUSH HOGGING! I kept up 340 acres with a 4' bush hog for 12 years, you can imagine what all went wrong. The most challenging was when the pin on one of the lift arms got jerked out by the thick brush and came disconnected, I was going downhill in rutted out ground. One side of the bush hog was down on the ground and one side was on the lift arm, 450# of dead weight to lift a foot or, center the bush hog hook connection shaft with hole in the lift arm to hook back up and I was alone. Seems like I ended up piling up dead logs to make a ramp and dragging the bush hog up the ramp to raise the side that came lose.

I bought a set of Pat's lift arm quick clips after that, easy off and on.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #1100 on: July 03, 2024, 12:18:40 pm »
I need some easy on/off arms

Offline iowabow

« Reply #1101 on: July 03, 2024, 12:24:26 pm »
Trying something new to me (others may have done this). I have attached a wt to the bottom of my dogwood shaft. I am hoping over a year or so it finds its way to straight. It will not be hanging on the garage door but from my bow rack. Any just an experiment, let me know in the comments if you have ever tried this?

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #1102 on: Today at 05:24:49 am »
I'm not sure it can works for two reasons
the weight would work quite well for a very pronounced curved shaft but as it straightens and get more dry the downward force act less and less
And the other problem I see is the rope is not aligned with the center of the shaft so it may actually contributes to induce a slight bend in the knot area
interesting test anyway. let us know if it works!