Author Topic: Guitar  (Read 3462 times)

Offline Joec123able

Re: Guitar
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 11:33:11 pm »
The mother of toilet seat headstock overlay is a giveaway with no logo.  I'm thinking it is a off brand.  The tailpiece looks like one you would see on an old off brand.  The bridge looks like it is ebony from the pics.  Can you tell if the nut and saddle are bone or plastic?  If they are bone, it would lead in another direction.  Is the binding painted on or is it plastic.  If it is plastic how many ply is it,  i.e. Black white black white?  These are all things to gather worth.

The binding is plastic I beleive I'll get back to ya on that tommorow and I really can't tell wheather plastic or bone on the nut saddle And tuning keys
I like osage

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 02:31:18 am »
Sounds good Joe.  You can tell if they are plastic because the string pressure will slightly cut or misshapen.  You will be able to see stress in the groves where bone will show nothing but a string grove.  Bone is slightly porous too.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 04:02:44 pm »
Sounds good Joe.  You can tell if they are plastic because the string pressure will slightly cut or misshapen.  You will be able to see stress in the groves where bone will show nothing but a string grove.  Bone is slightly porous too.

Looks to be all plastic
I like osage

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 02:56:15 am »
Well does it play?  :) if so then keep on rockin in the free world ;D.  Sorry couldn't help it.  That is a super cool gitfiddle  none the less.  I would love to own something that original and unique if it was worth a penny. 

Matt

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2013, 11:55:03 am »
Are there any numbers on it ? Take a flash light and look insid the body there mite be a tag in tuere on the side wall or back plate. Since it has no names i. The head stock it was either custom built or some one refinished it takong the names off
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 12:03:31 pm »
Its a very beautiful jazz guitar the holes look very rinkenbacker ish but rick normally did a diferent shape at the wide end being more angled instead of rounded

I can guess its a custom built guitar if it plays well and you can adjust the intonation i wouldt worry on the brand ;)

Offline chief deer

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 12:47:28 pm »
How does she sound??

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2013, 06:14:34 pm »
Well does it play?  :) if so then keep on rockin in the free world ;D.  Sorry couldn't help it.  That is a super cool gitfiddle  none the less.  I would love to own something that original and unique if it was worth a penny. 

Matt

Yep she plays pretty well for being beat to hell it looks like the wood on the body is actually warped alittle.

Are there any numbers on it ? Take a flash light and look insid the body there mite be a tag in tuere on the side wall or back plate. Since it has no names i. The head stock it was either custom built or some one refinished it takong the names off

You could be right there's absolutely no writing or numbers at all

How does she sound??

She sounds pretty dang good !
I like osage

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2013, 06:15:54 pm »
And what a gorgeous guitar ya got there skyarrow
I like osage

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 07:11:02 pm »
I wish that rick was mine :) but no its just an internet pic i found i have a kalamazoo i play some times along with the other twenty or so guitars i have lol

Offline 4dog

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2013, 09:04:29 am »
alright from the design of the guitar (soumdholes,fretmarkers,headstock)  i want you to look up ....Klira guitars, they made guitars in germany in the 60's ..im thinkin thats what you possess.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline 4dog

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2013, 09:26:55 am »
whats making this hard is, a lot of guitar companies from germany in the 60's used each others ideas,,catseye soundholes,headstock styles , etc. if ya look up Hoyer guitars you will see the same catseye soundholes,without numbers of any kind its kind of a crap shoot,,but its definately a german builder that made your guitar. might be worth something might not... keep us posted though,im curious.  lol
"SET" is always there !!!