Author Topic: Primitive Boo Arrows  (Read 3080 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Primitive Boo Arrows
« on: December 14, 2013, 02:37:03 am »
I could have swore I posted this but I can't find the thread anywhere.  Anyway I completed 4 arrows tonight.  Heading up to GA in the morning so I'll be gone for a week or so.  Ya, all materials and methods are primitive.  Let me know what ya think!

Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline burchett.donald

Re: Primitive Boo Arrows
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 08:50:01 am »
  They look good from here... would like to see fletching closer. One looks like you used a tail feather. Wrap looks strong behind the points too.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 11:37:19 am »
Nice primitive arrows Tim. They will look better with a little blood on them, though.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 12:20:42 pm »
Nice primitive arrows Tim. They will look better with a little blood on them, though.  ;)
+1
Question for you Tim, I have always covered my sinew with pitch to protect it.  Have you ever had trouble with your sinew tearing or coming loose?
Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 01:17:41 pm »
Nice work Tim.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 11:23:24 pm »
Nice arrows Tim, look primitive all the way.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 11:24:22 pm »
Thanks guys.  I went about as OCD as I could on these arrows.

I'm in GA right now with 1100 acres of land at my disposal with permission to shoot pigs so I'm gonna be real patient and work on hunting but if the opportunity comes I'll shoot.  I'm going to work on getting close to the animals.  We'll see how I do.  I'd love to be able to post int the hunting section but I'm not going to get over zealous.

+1
Question for you Tim, I have always covered my sinew with pitch to protect it.  Have you ever had trouble with your sinew tearing or coming loose?
The sinew will fray some but I have more sinew than I can use in several years so if it looks like it needs to be replaced it will be pretty easy to replace.  Keep in mind I only got into primitive archery about a year ago so I'm still developing my techniques.  Some kind of cover for the sinew may be in the future.

Nice work Tim.
Thanks Rob!  I have you to thank for the sinew and rocks.  Still got plenty of both too!
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 12:01:11 am »
Good luck, keep the wind in your face and stick a pig, Tim. Good looking arrows, did you split the shaft for the fletching, or glue two pieces of fletching?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 02:40:52 pm »
It's the same type of fletching I showed in this thread.  Split shaft with vane of the feather inside the shaft.  I made my cousin a set of arrows a while back so I'll convert all her arrows to same kind of thing. I just like it so much!