Author Topic: ?  (Read 9546 times)

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
Re: ?
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2013, 04:21:15 pm »
The combination of a cut and swollen lymph nodes can be bloodpoisoning.
If it dont go away you wont have time to get it checked out!
yep found my dad on the ground one day. turned out he had blood poisoning
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2013, 05:30:29 pm »
The combination of a cut and swollen lymph nodes can be bloodpoisoning.
If it dont go away you wont have time to get it checked out!
yep found my dad on the ground one day. turned out he had blood poisoning

Was he ok?
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2013, 05:55:49 pm »
 Sorry for both you guys...I've had my problems with packages also. Especially arrow shafting >:( When you see tire tracks on the box from a forklift you know something went completely wrong.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline bubby

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2013, 06:24:32 pm »
I send most everything priority/fragile and havn't had any problems that I know of
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline DLH

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2013, 10:35:20 pm »
I use to load trucks for UPS an the packages there was mishandled frequently not only people but get stuck on the belts as well. When a 53 ft trailer is crammed full of packages front to back its hard to not have anything damaged. Honestly I'm surprised that more stuff isn't damaged but once on the brown trucks they are stacked and handled much better. I know this is a different shipping company but I assume it still applies.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2013, 10:11:21 am »
after 4 pages of all....this....im a little worried about sending off my Christmas gift.   :-[
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2013, 11:44:43 am »
Well it updated today, so I guess I can stop my whining and cryin,  ;D. I think pvc pipes work good, but then you really gotta bubble wrap and secure the crap out of your bow inside. I have had horn nocks broke off of elbs that have 4 layers of bubble wrap wrapped around them, with the bow secure in the pipe, so much bubble wrap I could barely jam it in there. I think it's because they are so heavy (and big in the case of longbows/warbows) that they get treated and thrown around like they are indestructible, so I would make whatever's inside as indestructible as possible. I have seen one after it was shipped from ohio, to CA, back to me in ohio, and it looked like it had been through a war, this was fedex ground though. I still like fedex better than usps.  :) Bryce, if it was inappropriate of me to ask that, I apologize, thank you for the advice, and I am extremely sorry to hear that about your father. Thank you again.

Offline bubby

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2013, 06:17:26 pm »
 Tmk I put some foam in the top and bottom of the tube, sometimes styrofoam and both work well to protect the tips
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2013, 06:18:44 pm »
Nah Its fine:) didn't want the thread to go a different direction than intended :) he's fine. That was awhile ago.
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2013, 09:25:52 pm »
Tmk I put some foam in the top and bottom of the tube, sometimes styrofoam and both work well to protect the tips

Noted. I will give that a try. Bryce, I'm glad he's ok, I guess I will stop derailing this thread, and will wait to post again until I find out my bow has also arrived broken like pearl drums bow.  :) Seriously though, that really does suck, sorry about that PD. It just brought out some deep seeded hate I harbor deep inside for bow destroying delivery services, didn't mean to go off there.  :)

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2013, 11:42:01 pm »
Sorry to hear about your loss. I have'nt had any probs shipping staves or bows yet, but I do have a shipping story to tell real quick. It was so absurd it was hillarious. My 16yr old daughter went online and bought some of those rediculously high priced designer jeans on sale for about $30(her money). 10 days later she gets this plastic bag in the mail with what looks like shredded denim. I mean like you could use it for mulch. It had a postal label on it that said. "Were sorry that your package was slightly damaged during shipping. We appologize for any inconvience this may have caused you". This stuff was so toast it was'nt even worth shipping. I'm guessing it got caught up in the conveyor belt and was in there quite a while. Post office said the Postmaster was out of town and that I would have to wait till he got back to get any satisfaction from them. In the mean time I called the company she bought the jeans from and told them the story. They replaced them immediatley and appologized for the inconvience. Good customer service.  Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2013, 03:29:42 pm »
That is a bummer!  :o  :'(     Definitely makes me worry a bit about shipping.   :-\   

TMK, try a hot pack on your swollen lymph nodes.  My Grandma was a nurse back in the day when they took care of people and didn't just push pills.  She taught me that trick and it does wonders.  Just use a hot washcloth and frequently change the water out to keep it as hot as you can stand.  It helps loosen up those boogery white blood cells that get jammed up in those nodes now and again.  I find I am more likley to get a swollen lymph node when I am not staying hydrated.  So drink plenty of water when you are sweating away making bows and cutting yourself up.  ;D
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline sleek

« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2013, 04:32:19 pm »
I had to go to the doc a while back. He told me I needed to cut my drinking in half.... Havent had a sip of water since. Feel muhc btetr now :) Hick*
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2013, 08:27:57 pm »
That is a bummer!  :o  :'(     Definitely makes me worry a bit about shipping.   :-\   

TMK, try a hot pack on your swollen lymph nodes.  My Grandma was a nurse back in the day when they took care of people and didn't just push pills.  She taught me that trick and it does wonders.  Just use a hot washcloth and frequently change the water out to keep it as hot as you can stand.  It helps loosen up those boogery white blood cells that get jammed up in those nodes now and again.  I find I am more likley to get a swollen lymph node when I am not staying hydrated.  So drink plenty of water when you are sweating away making bows and cutting yourself up.  ;D

Will do, thank you!