Offline Dances with squirrels

Re: ?
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2013, 03:54:51 pm »
How was it packaged?
Straight wood may make a better bow, but crooked wood makes a better bowyer

Offline bubby

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2013, 04:16:34 pm »
Damn sorry to hear that Chris, but hands down I'd shop usps over the others, faster service and I've got some messed up packages from the other guys
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2013, 04:40:54 pm »
first let me say DANG IT! THAT SUCKS!

.....has me thinking about next years bow trade....hope there aren't any fatalities!   
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2013, 06:32:33 pm »
Ooooooohhh...  Now that looks like something that would happen to me in my luck...
That's why I always package bows or bow materials in a scheule 40 PVC pipe with taped on endcaps. Stick a package label on it and it ships beautifully.

and you can always make the pipe into a bow. not primitive but still a bit of fun
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline chamookman

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2013, 05:03:53 am »
BUMMER (taps blowing in the background) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2013, 02:23:10 pm »
I am done with the usps. I mailed a priority mail package on the 5th of this month. It was a 2 day priority mail package. I purchased the label online, and mailed the package at my local post office. I asked the guy for a receipt 3 times. He refused 3 times, I guess because the lady came and took the package in the back, after he took it, and I guess he was too lazy to go grab it. I swear I asked 3 times, and 3 times he just laughed and said something like "she never takes em that fast, I swear! har har har!". So fast forward to the 13th, and there is absolutely zero updates on the tracking. Nothing, it shows the package is still in "pre-shipment" stage. I waited 3 days for consumer affairs to tell me (I had to call, they never called like they said they would) that they can neither tell me nor do nothing. The lady on the phone insinuated that I might be trying to , quote un quote, "scam the system", because THEY never scanned it at the post office, and THEY never gave me a receipt, so I have no proof it was even shipped. Even though it is THEIR FAULT. So advised me over the phone that I was going to have a lot of trouble trying to collect insurance on this package for these reasons. And the package that I am so called trying to "scam the system" for was a bow I promised the person who bought it from me would make it to them for christmas, that's the worst part. I got a spare glued up yesterday, which I wanted to tiller out today, but for some reason I got something going on with my armpit hurting, I think I have a swollen lymph gland as it is called for some reason, either way it hurts pretty darn bad, and is making rasping not too fun. I hate christmas,  :).
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

blackhawk

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2013, 02:35:03 pm »
Feel better now tmk?  ???( prob not)?    That sucks  :-\ ....I always make sure I have a reciept

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2013, 02:42:26 pm »
Don't ignore those lymph nodes, the "C" word loves playing with them man. I have LOTS of experience with this stuff.....sadly enough.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2013, 03:27:51 pm »
Don't ignore those lymph nodes, the "C" word loves playing with them man. I have LOTS of experience with this stuff.....sadly enough.

I'm sorry to hear that pearl. I don't really know nothing about it, I was reading that it can be caused by an infection from a cut? I did cut my arm on the edge of my bandsaw fence before it started hurting the next day, not sure if it is related. I have never had this happen though before. The cut is kinda tender though, I'm sure I got all kinds of wood dust in it.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2013, 03:34:51 pm »
Please see somebody with a medical degree.  I'd hate for you to have to change your screen name to "Too Few Arms"

OneBow

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2013, 03:38:20 pm »
Id get it checked out man. Even if the swelling goes down in a day or two. The 'C' word don't play games. Its worth the time to have it looked in to.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2013, 04:01:48 pm »

I'm sorry to hear that pearl. I don't really know nothing about it, I was reading that it can be caused by an infection from a cut? I did cut my arm on the edge of my bandsaw fence before it started hurting the next day, not sure if it is related. I have never had this happen though before. The cut is kinda tender though, I'm sure I got all kinds of wood dust in it.

Mr. Toomanyknots, you could possibly have a serious bacterial infection. If it's inflamed and tender you should seek medical attention sooner than later. If it's nothing...oh well. If it something, then you'll be glad you had it looked at.
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2013, 04:08:07 pm »
Please see somebody with a medical degree.  I'd hate for you to have to change your screen name to "Too Few Arms"

OneBow

Haha, if it don't go away i'll get it checked out. I always got something going with me,  :).

Offline dbb

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2013, 04:16:04 pm »
The combination of a cut and swollen lymph nodes can be bloodpoisoning.
If it dont go away you wont have time to get it checked out!
It's better to ask and look like a fool than not to ask and remain one...