Author Topic: ?  (Read 9548 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
?
« on: December 12, 2013, 08:51:28 am »
I done strunged it back'erds...... ???

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Parnell

Re: ?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 08:58:31 am »
What was it?
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 09:02:27 am »
It was a gorgeous tri-lam blank from Mr. Roy Painter. He glued it up for me so I could have CHRISTmas break project, instead USPS broke it first........I was devastated and he was livid. He left a lot of meat on the belly as you can see, it took some serious force to break that blank.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 09:04:26 am »
Hmmmm, sounds like USPS could be a partner to Royal Mail over here - "We can break an anvil and lose an elephant!".   :o
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Offline RyanR

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 09:06:14 am »
Dang, that sucks. I am still looking for a Christmas project. Might have to order a seasoned stave.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 09:06:24 am »
Had to be a forklift involved, pure carelessness there.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline dwardo

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 09:06:30 am »
You would pretty much have to stand on that to break it.  :o

Offline artcher1

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 09:13:12 am »
I would blame Ol' Roy for doing such a poor packaging job! Tell him you want another ;).

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 09:14:05 am »
Dang, that sucks. I am still looking for a Christmas project. Might have to order a seasoned stave.

Come and get one Ry Guy.

blackhawk

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 09:15:55 am »
I was bummed when I saw that first thing earlier this morning....Roy sent me pics of it before he shipped it so we know it wasn't his drunk @$$ who broke it

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 09:16:00 am »
I would blame Ol' Roy for doing such a poor packaging job! Tell him you want another ;).

You know how he is a soft, sissy pants kinda' guy Artsy! He was crying in Chris' arms all night Im sure, I couldn't bare to come down hard on him like that. Instead, I told him Id hunt down some yew and maple for two blanks. He will supply the boo and glue them up, then keep one. 

Offline nathan elliot

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 09:23:51 am »
Had the same thing happen recently. The break even looks similar, strung backwards for sure. That really gets me mad, feeling sorry for you man.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 09:26:35 am »
This is the first damaged shipment Ive received or shipped. I cant complain, I ship weekly and they have done well on all the others.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 09:32:12 am »
That stinks. :) just one more reason I hate shipping. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 09:35:47 am »
that's a huge bummer...  :'(
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan