Author Topic: Attaching tips  (Read 6523 times)

Don Case

Re: Attaching tips
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 01:39:16 pm »
So do you clamp/hold it and then drizzle the CA on the joint or apply the CA to the surfaces and then put the parts together?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2013, 01:43:37 pm »
I add glue to both surfaces before I put them together. If I'm using antler I size the pithy part of the antler first with thin super glue, re-sand it smooth then add the glue to both surfaces, put them together and wrap with rubber a band.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bubby

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2013, 02:27:02 pm »
Done the most important things with glue ups is perfectly mated surfaces and even pressure, get the areas prepped right and the CA glue won't be a problem
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2013, 03:27:56 pm »
Don, I use loctite pro.  It is thin.  I have used other gel and medium Ca glues, but I like the thin best. I have used other brand CA glues because the price of loctite is outrageous, but soon I went back to the Loctite brand.  I dont use an accelerator.  The type I use certainly doesn't need it.  It is set in ~5 seconds, and I have started shaping the tips less than 20 minutes later.  It is incredible stuff. 

Bingo!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.