Author Topic: Ipe Dust.......What the !!!!!!!!!  (Read 11337 times)

Offline Badger

Re: Ipe Dust.......What the !!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2013, 08:45:33 am »
 Dan, i mostly use it for little tiny flight arrows. I might try some for broadhead arrows but it is hard to get the weight down on a normal length arrow.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2013, 10:09:41 am »
I developed an allergy to it over time.  Makes me itch and sneeze like crazy now.  Limit your exposure!
1’—>1’

Offline WhitefeatherFout

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2013, 03:01:35 pm »
Fellas, do yourselves a favor and get a good mask, not the little paper things.  I've done alot of woodworking,sawing and working around sawmills and it's started catching up to me.  It would also be wise to research your wood choices and know their toxicity.  There is plenty of info out there on the web and in books.  Nearly all woods will have a certain amount of toxicity.  The exotics from south america  and africa seem to be worse but we have some pretty nasty stuff in the U.S. as well.  I'm thinking about going to a full face fresh air system but they aren't cheap.  A good dust collector or at very least a shop vac will help a bunch.  Make sure you dust collection system is grounded well so you don't get a spark from the static electricity that builds up.  It has been known to cause explosions.  Matt