Author Topic: How did you find out about PA??  (Read 11455 times)

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
Re: How did you find out about PA??
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2013, 03:46:32 pm »
Late 90's i saw an add in a magazine for a book Bows & Arrows of the Native Americans, by Jim Hamm. I showed the add to my wife and she surprised me with the book for my birthday. I had two osage logs laying by the garage by nightfall. One failure and two years later i made my first successfull bow. The next year i killed two deer with that bow. Around then a guy at work showed me a copy of PA magazine and said there was a website also. I started checking out the site from time to time but didnt get a subscription untill they changed it to where you had to have one to get on the website. Finaly got something better than dial up sevice almost two years ago so since then i check out the site everyday.
Steve Bennett

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2013, 06:10:10 pm »
Thanks guys!!
All the stories are all unique in their own ways.  Love it.  Let's here more,  If you can remember   ;D
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Paul F

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2013, 07:38:30 pm »
I was searching around for information on making your own bows and found a Youtube series by Mike from Borriorbows (sp) and in it he mentioned a bow that he made was featured in the mag.  I've been here "under cover" for the most part for about a year.

Paul F.
The first part of doing anything, is getting up off your ass.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2013, 07:54:39 pm »
I first saw the PA mag. At Barnes and Noble.  Couldn't put it down.  This was back just a couple of years ago. Then my wife got me a sub for Christmas last year.  Got on the site around the same time.  It has been a busy year at the house with our new son who arrived just a couple of weeks after I joined the site.  Can't say enough positive things about this place.  I wish there were more people in my neck of the woods.  I have met one who I  taught how to become an addict two weekends ago.  His bow is now finished and he's been hunting with it all this week.  We will see if he shows up on PA, I hope so. 

Matt