Author Topic: Hickory-Backed Red Cedar ELB, now with photos  (Read 8433 times)

Offline Sidewinder

Re: Hickory-Backed Red Cedar ELB, now with photos
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 12:06:31 pm »
Lenny, the saw dust on the car is funny, so is your list of priorities, were all the same in that respect once we are infected with the "fever".Lol  Danny  P.S.  I went to my sophmore year at Troy,MO and Jr yr in Highscholl at Bowling Green,Mo. There should be plenty of bow wood along the mighty mississippi. The only thing I remember about Hanibal is the jail.lol except for that, pretty fond memories. Young,dumb and full of ....well we know the rest of the story don't we? Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 02:50:03 pm »
We got a new jail unless you are younger than me (45).  You might not recognize Troy now, it is practically a suburb of St. Louis.  And yes this is a good place for bow wood.  Any woods in your part of KS or are you all prairie?
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 12:53:17 pm »
Great combination - hickory backed red cedar - both make good bows by themselves.  Very skillfully done and bookmarked for Dec Backed Bow of the Month.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 02:43:20 pm »
Along most of the rivers there is riperian habitat except inside the city. I go south near the Oklhoma border to an area that has some woods along the arkansas river and the flint hills watershed. We don't have the kind of woods you guys do though. Thats real woody area as I remember.  I am 43 by the way. Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline TRACY

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 03:03:48 pm »
I think you left out the most important thing. Aren't you suppose to "field test" that bow and make sure it's worthy before handing it over :D. Great looking bow, been scouting the red cedars lately in my woods, done scouting.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 08:31:25 pm »
Great lookin bow Lennie, she aughta love - hope she gets a deer with it if she hunts. I'll find a cedar one of these days :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.