Author Topic: Just a word of thanks to all you folks  (Read 2616 times)

Offline wood_bandit 99

• Shoot straight my friends!!   55#@26"
Re: Just a word of thanks to all you folks
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 12:25:48 am »
I think the exact same thing. This place is awesome, it is really a bunch of guys that just have fun scraping wood. They don't have any problem giving out info like most places do. I was just told to do an article in a primitive archery type magazine and the only place I could right it on the computer was at school (bonus points with the technology & English teachers!) and I seriously was trying not to kill the computer with my tears. Some of the guys I have worked with have been awesome and all done for free because somebody did it for them. I asked them how I could repay them cuz I owed them probably $500 and they said, pass it on. So I am going to ojam every year from now on and I will hand out staves and lend tools to kids and whoever else needs one, just to get people making bows. I am pretty sure I just signed my own ticket to 3 day slavery but it's all fun. I would rather hand out $100 staves to people for free and make my buddies happy than charge people $100 and keep my knowledge, all just because people did it for me
"Judge a man by his questions, not his answers" ~Anonymous

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." ~Chinese Proverb

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 10:26:51 am »
Pass it on, everyone, so that those that come after us will have something to pass on. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 10:30:03 am »
I am feeling that it is time to pass the mantle on. I just don't make as many bows as I used to make and I don't write as many articles as I used to write.
It is time  for the young'uns.
Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline kiltedcelt

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 02:19:23 am »
Jawge,

Nothin' wrong with passin' the torch, just so long as you still offer advice and critiques. That's just as valuable as putting stuff up on a webpage or making your own bows and showing us how you did it. You can always offer advice.

Matt

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 07:57:10 am »
Glad to have you back Matt,hard to stay away long,I have seen many come and go ,as Jawge said,helped a lot of folks over the years making bows,some stay with it most don't ,but the few that do is well worth all the effort. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 02:13:20 pm »
I feel the same way. I have been lurking around here for a good while. I have been building bows constantly since I first got to visit Twin Oaks in 2012. Thanks to a number of good folks on this site my bows are improving and I am now in a position to pass it on a bit too. I have a teenage son, he and his friends are developing an interest that I am honored to assist in.

One of these days I'll build up the nerve to post a bow. It's a bit humbling when you are surrounded by masters of the trade. In the meantime I hope to keep gathering knowlege from you all if you don't mind.

Mark B.