Author Topic: Test your Point Knowledge - a challenge to you  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Barrage

Re: Test your Point Knowledge - a challenge to you
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 05:58:27 pm »
Just saw this now.  I did get to see them and I have to say, they do give you goose bumps.  Such very impressive work from long ago...almost scared to touch them!
Travis

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 07:48:56 pm »
I belong to a small amateur archelogy club an we had Dr. Grambly as our quest speaker an he brought some new clovis points from the Sugarloaf Mt. site in Mass. Totally amazing points, some of these were never hafted , so they believe they were in a point production area of a camp site. this site has been dug earlier but for only 4 days in 1985 an has been tied up in legal private ground preservation issues and has just been opened to archelogist again. He believes this will be the largest clovis site in North america. Sorry if I'm stepping on some toes and hijacking thread.  90% of these points were Normanskill material brought in from 100 miles south of camp. Bob

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 08:49:29 pm »
Very interesting Bob!  Would love to hear more...
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Stoker

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 03:20:55 pm »
Thanks for posting Jaye.. Great looking collection
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 05:41:36 pm »

I belong to a small amateur archelogy club an we had Dr. Grambly as our quest speaker an he brought some new clovis points from the Sugarloaf Mt. site in Mass. Totally amazing points, some of these were never hafted , so they believe they were in a point production area of a camp site. this site has been dug earlier but for only 4 days in 1985 an has been tied up in legal private ground preservation issues and has just been opened to archelogist again. He believes this will be the largest clovis site in North america. Sorry if I'm stepping on some toes and hijacking thread.  90% of these points were Normanskill material brought in from 100 miles south of camp. Bob

Dr Grambly authenticated a 16th century bracelet I found in Tallahassee, Fl.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?