Author Topic: I hope you all are having a better night than I am  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Josh B

Re: I hope you all are having a better night than I am
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 01:54:41 pm »
After a rather chilly night in the truck, it is in the shop and they actually have the part to fix it.  With any luck I'll be home tonight.  Thanks fellas.  Josh

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 03:33:28 am »
Those little bitty bulls just wanted a good Pettn and a scratch behind the ear >:D
Run Forest run!!! Good to hear u r OK old buddy ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 09:33:00 pm »
Josh; try a Jeep next time, it's a real meat maker and tough. ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Josh B

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 06:50:20 pm »
Lol! Well Eddie...tow bill-$2049, repair bill (parts and labor) $492.91, the load I missed-$350, and some other miscellaneous expenditures related to this whoops(jeans,bandages and wear and tear on my person)  I could have easily bought a good used jeep for what this doe did.  She didn't scuff the paint or crack the fairing.  Virtually no body damage to my truck, but that one line ended up costing this much before it was all said and done.   I remember reading not to long ago in Bubbys thread about lead shot that people from California resented being viewed in a negative light by the rest of the country.  I understand that has to be frustrating, but this is another example of California legislation force fed to the rest of the country.  That line that broke was the result of Calif CARB regs that eventually turned federal mandate.  I don't hold all the people in Calif responsible, but I do resent the hell out of the ridiculous regulations that start there and are ultimately mandated for everybody else.  These emission regs are costing everyone, not just the transportation industry.  Sorry for the rant, but I'm sick of it.  This crap has raised operating costs by 25% reduced efficiency by at least that much and the worst part is that its only cleaner on paper.  Its a profane joke that everyone suffers for.  Since I can't do anything about the vulnerabilities mandated on my truck, all I can do is hope the hunting public has a super successful season.  Good hunting folks!  At least for as long as you can still do that before its outlawed or regulated to death.  Sorry, stepping of the soapbox now.  Once again, no hard feeling to Californians, only towards your legislative bodies.  Josh
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:55:13 pm by Gun Doc »

Offline bubby

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 02:32:49 am »
amen to all you said Josh, if I was still contracting these regs would have put me out of business anyway, why do you think there is such a push for the state of Jefferson, we are tired of being over regulated and basically being bulled by the liberal masses, I better stop before this gets pulled, bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 01:26:31 pm »
I so agree, I work for one of the engine manufacturers and those same regs are poinlessly drinving up costs that will be passed right along to folks like Josh.