Author Topic: Ghosts  (Read 13382 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Ghosts
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 09:12:03 pm »
I found people are hesitant to believe in UFOs, I understand that. I saw one, no question about what it was, I got out of my truck to look at it hovering at the end of a field. It left at Star Trek warp speed when I walked in it's direction. I mentioned my sighting to a good friend, he is the most honorable, honest man I know. I was surprised when he told me he had seen two UFOs, one small one like I saw and one as big as a high school gymnasium that he saw as he drove home from work late at night. It was hovering over a pasture next to the road, and left warp speed as well when he got out of his car to look at it.

Offline wildman

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 11:53:09 pm »
Eric, I saw two large lights in the sky a few years back. They were offset from each other bright white and seemed very close.I stopped shut my truck off and could hear nothing. They seemed to do the "Warp Speed" thing as well. Funny thing a few weeks later a friend started a conversation with,This is gonna sound crazy........ he had seen it also.He lives across the valley from me. I have also seen a few things not in the air I cannot explain. Who knows?
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 11:59:16 pm »
This is so interesting!!!  Keep 'em coming guys.  I'm fascinated by this kind of stuff.  You think y'all could draw a sketch or something?
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 01:07:32 am »
I belive in all of it,even bigfoot. No joke. Ive had a few experiences one that does not scare me is at least once a year since my Dad passed I see him out by his grapevines,only for a second,but it makes me feel safe that he is still near me.
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline DLH

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 01:27:32 am »
My cousin and I seen a UFO type thing when I took him home one night it wasn't much higher then the tree tops so we didn't think it was a plane it wasn't very big though. Now that I look back I thought it might have been the military drones trying to catch me taking a leak in my yard  :laugh: but honestly we didn't know what it was.

Offline keef

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 11:22:04 am »
Films  and TV programmes have a great bearing on the mind.

I've spent many hundreds of hours outside at night on my own and there's never really been anything that I've heard or seen that cant be logically explained, from hearing hedgehogs making passionate whoopy, to roe deer barking within 10 yards...It all takes a bit of getting used to.

However, when I was about 14, I was walking my dog along a path in a woods in Kent England. The path was very open with hornbeam trees on either side ( you could have seen anyone if there was anyone to see!)

Out of nowhere a 3ft long stick, about as thick as my wrist, flew across the path right to left about 20ft up and smashed off a tree on the other side.

I hadn't really had time to digest what had happened, when My dog took off at high speed for home...I looked about for someone behind the trees, but there really was nobody there.

I walked the path many more times and nothing ever happened again. I suppose there is an explanation , but it still sometimes puzzles me?

never been really spooked though!

keith

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 11:11:32 pm »
I do not believe in ghosties, bigfoot, ufo's, or anything that has ever appeared in the pages of the Nationan Enquirer.  Elvis and JFK are both dead.  That being said, I have a little problem with things disappearing around me.

I lose a coffee cup about every few months or so.  And they NEVER re-appear.  Pocket knives are another thing that often disappears.  I have a lovely little key bowl where keys, loose change, pocket knife and wallet goes. Now and then the pocket knife disappears and never returns. 

In the last year my little "borrower" has decided it likes peanut butter.  Three times I have purchased a jar of the sticky stuff and twice it has not made it home.  The third time I bought it, I asked to put it in my pocket and the clerk looked at me like I had a horn growing from my chin to match the third eye in my forehead.  THAT jar made it home, got about half used and it disappeared. 

I live alone.  I have had two significant others in my life and both times when they were in my life I had nothing disappear.  When they were gone, my "borrower" came back.  When I move, the borrower gets lost.  But about 6 months into the new place, the bugger finds me again and starts up collecting coffee mugs, pocket knives, and now peanut butter.

One incident with a coffee mug this last summer really was funny.  I poured a fresh cup and was carrying it around sipping away as I got dressed.  When it came up missing, I was peeved because it was just about at the best temperature.  I poured another and walked to the back door, unlocked it and stepped outside.  The mug was on the back step.  The coffee was ice cold despite the temps being in the low 70's that morning.  I guess that was the turning point when I realized it was maybe not me that was losing the mugs.   
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 12:13:41 am »
I have had things happen on a personal basis right after my wife died but I will keep them private.

Here is one incidence I will relate about another time and place.

I walk what is called the TVA trail through the woods 3 times a week. It is a winding 4 mile long trail that circles down by an old RR bridge across the Tn river and back to the top of the surrounding ridge. This where the Confederate army massed to cross on their way to the disastrous Battle of Franklin Tn.

For several years I would walk this trail on a gloomy day in early winter and hear footsteps behind me matching the cadence of my steps. This usually only happened once a year or may skip a year, it happened at exactly the same place on the trail every time. If I stopped the steps would continue for a couple more then stop. When I looked behind me no one was there.

I started thinking there might be a civil war solder connection as 1750 southerners died at the battle.

The next time I heard the walking behind me I turned around and said"young man, it's over. You don't have to fall into formation and march off to your death anymore, go home". That was over ten years ago and no footsteps have been heard since.

Until this point I didn't know when the battle of Franklin took place, didn't have a clue. I looked the battle up when I got home that day. the troops had begun amassing on the Tn river at Sheffield on November 13th, about the same date  (gloomy early winter day) that the young solder fell into formation behind me year after year.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:22:42 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 12:36:39 am »
Eric, that gave me that shivers.  I bet there is a lot of weird stuff related to the civil war out in the woods.

I have a little problem with things disappearing around me.

HAHAHAaahaahha!!!!  It steals peanut butter????  "borrowers" have to eat and drink too!  I imagining a little leprechaun that has a ton of pocket knives and lives off of peanut butter and coffee. 
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 12:46:39 am »
Lotsa caffeine and sharp little knives do not mix. Hope the little boojum cuts his sticky little fingers off!  As for the peanut butter, I am ambivilant at best.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 01:01:47 am »
I saw something weird in the sky early one Sunday morning while taking the dogs out to do their business.  It was just as the sky was starting to lighten up.  I'm standing on the porch when I see the moon shining very bright off to my left over a tree line.  I'm looking at it a little confused because I've never seen the moon in that area of the sky.  I'm still a little groggy and my brain is slowly trying to make sense of it.  Then what I'm thinking is the moon slowly dips over the horizon and goes out of sight.  I stood there staring at where it was and just couldn't figure out what I had seen.  It looked like it was far away but was very bright like a full moon on a clear night.  Its just one of those things that you can't explain.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 11:06:43 am »
I kept this story to myself for a long time. A year or so ago I told it to a gym buddy who walks the trail as well, he is a Civil War buff and historian. He got a strange look in his eyes and said "Well, several times I have heard what sounded like a whole platoon marching near the small bridge that crosses the creek close to the river". Go figure..........
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 11:10:46 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 11:55:28 am »
My niece used to say there was a lady that would lay down with her till she fell asleep one day my sister was looking at pics. & my niece was there & said that's the lady that lays down with me till I fall asleep it was our grandmother she died long before my niece was born & she never seen a pic. of our grandmother before that day.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2013, 07:02:21 pm »
This thread is seriously giving me the shivers.  These are great stories.  Keep 'em coming!

Offline artcher1

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2013, 08:24:13 pm »
I reckon you really do have to see a UFO yourself to believe in 'em. Had one fly over me twice in one evening in the early seventies. Normally I keep such things to myself, but the local paper reported several hundred people seeing the same thing so I don't feel out of place repeating this. I have no idea what the object was, big as a football field and flying just overhead. Warp speed is as good description as on could use when it decided to vacate the vicinity. Believe it or not...........Art