Author Topic: I hope you all are having a better night than I am  (Read 4005 times)

Offline Josh B

I hope you all are having a better night than I am
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:51:10 pm »
I am standing on top of a huge sand hill in Western Nebraska over two miles from my truck so I could get enough service to call a wrecker.  A mule deer ran into the side of my truck and broke off the diesel exhaust fluid injector line and crippled my truck.  So while I wait for the wrecker to come drag me to north Platte Ne, I thought I'd share my good times with you all.  Enjoy your evening.  Josh

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: I hope you all are having a better night than I am
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 09:52:53 pm »
Sorry to here that, Josh. Do you have him boned out, yet?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 10:02:39 pm »
That sucks Josh. father-in-law had the same thing happen with his f350. only he watched as the dumb thing actually charged his truck. evidently the state troopers say they dont like headlights at night.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 10:13:50 pm »
That stinks Josh.  Hope they get you back on the road soon.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 10:19:27 pm »
Not the way you wanna collect your venison is it Josh. You'd think the big rigs would be immune to that kind of damage from a critter collision. I tried to get one to collide with one of my arrows this evening but the deer had
others ideas. Hope your tomorrow is better friend.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 11:49:30 pm »
Some of that country out there is the backside of B.F. Egypt.  Glad you were able to scrape up some cell service.  Any chance your insurance can collect against the deer's insurance company?  Problem is, most deer nowadays are on the hiways without any insurance. 

"I'm a buck in rut and the moon is out.  Cars. Trucks. Whatever.  I have no sense, but I have horns and testicles. If you bought cut-rate insurance you'd be eating this bill and maybe some badly road rashed venison. Get Buckstate Insurance and avoid mayhem like me!"
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 11:59:26 pm »
That's a bum deal  >:(. Big rack?? North Platte reminds me of Lonesome Dove.  ;) Better days ahead amigo.

Cipriano 
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 12:25:49 am »
Thats a real drag, Josh. Hoping for a better tomorrow.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline country

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 12:39:19 am »
Uggggg....... we're u headed towards home? Kansas that is

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 12:45:24 am »
Thats a real drag, Josh. Hoping for a better tomorrow.  ;)

Pat are you trying to be funny?? "Drag." They gotta drag his rig out  :laugh:

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 02:20:42 am »
Sorry to hear about your troubles Josh. If you decide  to have a cold one while in North Platte stop by the House Bar out on east HWY 30 and tell Gilbert and Mary hello for me. Tell them that I'm buying you a beer and just put it on my tab :laugh:
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 02:37:11 am »
Thanks fellas.  Wrecker showed up and I'm on my way to no. Platte.  Yep Country, this is my go-home run.  BTW....that big hill I climbed...it was in the middle of a bull pasture.   Four big ole charlois bulls took offense at my presence!  I'm tired!  My legs hurt and my lungs are burnt.  But I cleared the fence and with enough clearance to keep my fellas attached.  So it definitely could of been worse.  Josh

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 09:09:59 am »
Another log in the journals of a primitive truck driver.  Glad you didn't get gored Buddy.  Hope the weekend gets better, you  been busy these past few weeks with stories. dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline country

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 09:19:47 am »
Well Josh..... at least you and the boys are safe ;)  but you left a good mental pic for us.   :o.  There's got be a good joke in there ..   ???

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 10:58:02 am »
That sounds like it could have been worse.  Glad to here all is on its way to being well, and you're homeward bound. :). Get home safe.

Matt