Author Topic: Ghosts  (Read 13393 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Ghosts
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2013, 09:30:18 am »
Many years ago, when I was a young man, I was driving down the road one night in late fall. It was storming and foggy, and occasionally, a bolt of lightning would flash, giving a momentary glimpse of bare tree limbs writhing and whipping in the wind, silhouetted against the dark sky. I rounded a curve, and saw a light ahead. As I got closer, I could see that the source of the light was a seedy, run-down looking roadside bar. I pulled into the parking lot and went inside. I sat down at a table and looked around. There were only a few people there, mostly strange-looking sorts, and in the back corner was a table at which sat three of the ugliest women I had ever seen in my life, strange goatish sisters that looked as though they had escaped from a Waffle House. The waitress came by and gave me a glass of a brownish liquid that burned as I swallowed it. She repeated this several times.

There was a jukebox in the corner that seemed to only contain old Merle Haggard songs and the Swedish techno-pop version of "Cotton-eyed Joe." I dumped a bunch of quarters into it, and sat back down. The waitress came back around a few more times and gave me more glasses of the burning, brownish drink. At this point, things began to take on a surreal aspect, almost like I was disconnected from reality and had entered another dimension of conciousness. I have vague memories of laughing, dancing, and consuming more glasses of the burning brown liquid. I awoke the next morning, looked over, and found myself surrounded by what I can only describe as three frightful  haints.  :o  :o I fled in terror, and was all the way across the county line before I stopped on the side of the road to put my britches on.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:45:01 am by Hillbilly »
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2013, 11:22:37 am »
Hillbilly... We all got atleast one story like that.... But I aint sharing mine ;)... LMBO!!!.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2013, 12:26:03 pm »
Sorry no story here  :D I've never encountered an incident like any one here there fore I don't and won't believe in paranormal til I do. I do believe in extraterrestrial life though and I believe aliens may be on earth right now laugh if you want but I believe it the one thing I don't understand is why the government would want to hide it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:30:52 pm by Joec123able »
I like osage

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2013, 09:18:04 pm »
Sorry no story here  :D I've never encountered an incident like any one here there fore I don't and won't believe in paranormal til I do. I do believe in extraterrestrial life though and I believe aliens may be on earth right now laugh if you want but I believe it the one thing I don't understand is why the government would want to hide it.
  Sounds like we should start a government conspiracy thread too  >:D
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline sleek

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2013, 10:14:09 pm »
Because the mods would LOVE that thread!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2013, 10:57:08 pm »
  Sounds like we should start a government conspiracy thread too  >:D

Hahah noooooo there's forums out there for that lol
I like osage

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2013, 05:25:10 pm »
Because the mods would LOVE that thread!
Haha, I was hoping someone else would start it  >:D
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!