Author Topic: jatoba?  (Read 5020 times)

Offline keef

Re: jatoba?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 02:22:08 pm »
I've said this to you before Bowslayer, but I really think that you would be better off going out into the countryside with a saw and looking for a good elm, ash etc sapling about 3or4inches in diameter. You could start at the beginning and craft a really good finished bow with all the help on here.
Also if you see the name of a wood type on PA, and don't know what it is, you can easily use your phone or computer to look it up. I use;

http:///google.co.uk

Make sure you do this

Keef

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 02:34:35 pm »
thank's Pat and Keef ill go out to the woods if this rain would only stop for 5 mins. lol. until then it's going to be bord bows. oh i got some jatoba but it was v. expensive as far as wood goes.
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 02:35:59 pm »
BowSlayer, you clearly aren't reading posts to the full. Stop just looking at pictures and read the text.
 I also sense that you are going to try to "contract out" your promise to build a bow for someone. If you can't actually deliver, just say so.

after talking it over with him I decided to sell him my oak recuve once i add a leather handle. still wan't to try a ELB tho
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline adb

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 07:57:01 pm »
I'd be careful about selling anybody anything young man. How would you feel if someone got hurt? Don't you think you should maybe build a few more bows before you hang out your shingle and turn pro??

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 10:05:25 pm »
I NEVER sell a high draw bow to anyone (over 50lb). Honestly if I thought they could be trusted to know how to care for it and use it I kinda think they'd know hoe to make it (or want to know how).

Offline dbb

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 02:23:12 pm »
It seems i GIVE away all my bows  ;D
Much better  that way...no liability and hopefully more traditional Archers  >:D 8)
It's better to ask and look like a fool than not to ask and remain one...

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 12:00:45 am »
i find that since im low on money if i make a bow from a board i need the amount that the board cost me to make up for losses, that helps to keep me in operation.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)