Author Topic: Bow Finish  (Read 1131 times)

Offline wapiti1997

• Joe Lacefield Wildlife and Nature Photography
Bow Finish
« on: November 02, 2013, 12:52:57 pm »

It may also be used for furniture polish and cleaning arrows, waterproofing fletching and softening leather...

It was a deceased friend's, his wife gave me his archery stuff, which included some recurves of which he once held an NFAA world championship.  He has sights and rests on his bows, so I suppose freestyle was his class...

Offline wood_bandit99

• Shoot straight my friends!!
Re: Bow Finish
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 12:55:56 pm »
Sweet. Try it out!
Yew and osage, BEST. WOODS. EVER! Shoot straight my friends!!!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 02:29:44 pm »
Hmmm?  The suggested retail price on the bottle says $1.  Tell you what.  I'll give you $2 for the rest, even though it's mostly empty just cuz I'm a nice guy.   >:D

Man, that's a cool find, something most everyone in here wishes they could get their hands on.  I wonder if there is any way of finding out what the ingredients are in that bottle? 

Plus on top of being beyond cool, it was something that belonged to a friend, so it has a connection.  If I were in your shoes, there would come a day that I would open the bottle, condition a bow and set of arrows, and spend the day in the woods with your friend's memory for a companion.  Good medicine.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline wapiti1997

• Joe Lacefield Wildlife and Nature Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 04:58:08 pm »
It was already partially used, I've tried it on some wood, very similar to true oil or tung oil.  The label says to steel wool it to remove shine...

I did a video a few years ago JW, taking a doe with one of my friend's old bear razorheads.  if you youtube search wapiti1997 it's the snow doe...

Bill Thomas was his name, he took me fishing a lot when I was a kid.  He worked with my dad, and after my dad passed in 85, Bill and I still got together to fish fairly often.

I admired his archery success, and am honored to have some of his favorite things...

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 06:04:05 pm »
Wow that's really cool..............
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 07:20:36 pm »
it also appers that robin hood uses a R/D bow :P any more pics?
London, England.

45#@28"