Author Topic: Brush with a celebrity...LOL.  (Read 1527 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Brush with a celebrity...LOL.
« on: October 30, 2013, 11:16:23 am »
The other evening I ate supper at a cafe on the Missouri/Iowa border and had a nice talk with the fella who is on this outdoor life channel show...The Wild Outdoors.Nice fella even though he's hunting with a compound......LOL.Can't remember his name though.He's hunting some northern Missouri ground about 10 to 15 miles south of me.A real deer hunter though.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Brush with a celebrity...LOL.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 02:53:55 pm »
I was just thru there.... Hit a racoon outside of Kirksville... $1500 in damage to the car.. It was a huge cornfed coon, lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 05:37:01 pm »
Crap! $1500? How first were you going, 150?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 10:45:49 pm »
Bout 60 mph... PT Cruiser.. broke the bumper & grill, lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 08:40:31 am »
Yea koan I've coon hunted all over that Kirksville area.Sorry about your PT vehicle.Unbelievable the estimates on these vehicles nowadays.They can feel like you've hit a big rock going that fast,with a low profile of your vehicle.You're lucky you did'nt hit one of those northern Iowa coon.They are a bit bigger yet.
The fella from the program The Wild Outdoors program said his show was on but for the life of me I just don't see it.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Marks

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 02:31:28 pm »
Their last name is Gregory and the sons name is Wyatt but the dads first name escapes me. Good family oriented show.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 09:08:00 am »
That's right.You got it Marks.His boy Wyatt was along that evening.He asked me a lot about what this fly did to the deer in our area during last years drought.Some counties were hit harder than others in Iowa.I personally did'nt see any deer dead from it on my farm here.I'm sure it's  disappointing seeing a nice mature buck or doe dead from it.
Would'nt it be cool if a program would be on just for primitive bow hunters instead of you tube inserts?Most of those shows don't interest me much when they are using those metal contraptions.Used to be Tred Barta had a show...Doing it the hard way traditionally or something like that but now he's in a wheel chair.
BowEd
Ed