Author Topic: mo-vember!  (Read 3542 times)

Offline bushboy

mo-vember!
« on: October 29, 2013, 08:14:40 pm »
Up here in canada we have an anual mo-vember(grow your stash) for prostrate cancer awareness.there are best moustash contests with all proceeds going towards prostrate cancer research!wonDering if this is canadian or borrowed from our southern cousins?
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline bushboy

Re: mo-vember!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 08:32:02 pm »
Jumped the gun without researching!it's fron auzzie and new zealand.might be fun to helpout?
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 10:09:14 pm »
I might add a stash to my amish beard this month  ;D 

Bushboy, I'll send you a pm tomorrow with a link that I think you will like  ;)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 08:16:19 am »
We do a "no shave November" at work, but I did not know the reasoning behind it. ::)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 08:42:33 am »
When I red "grow your stash" I thought you were talkin about Mary-wanner :o
Venice Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 08:51:12 am »
Me also Roger  ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 09:59:53 am »
One of the prerequisites of my marriage is that I'm never allowed to have a mustache. ;D
1’—>1’

Offline Marks

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 10:51:22 am »
One of the prerequisites of my marriage is that I'm never allowed to have a mustache. ;D

That's not the kind of marriage I would want to be a part of. haha.

We do No Shave November. I've also heard it called Noshember but I like the other way better. I keep a small beard all the time but last year I shaved clean on Halloween so I could do No Shave November from scratch. November came and went and I kept going. I decided to grow a Yeard. I've been a little ansy today knowing I have to cut it off tomorrow. Funny thing about a beard, you get kind of attached. I've grown roughly 8" of beard in 1 year.

HikingViking

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 11:26:55 am »
I'm on a no-shave half decade right now  ;)

JacksonCash

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 11:44:18 am »
There is actually a whole bunch of teams across the country doing this, and raising money for cancer research. You can set up teams and compete. I tried getting one going at work this year, but there wasn't much interest. I could go without shaving all month and not have much of a noticable change however... :(

http://us.movember.com/

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 12:26:47 pm »
I've done "no shave november" at work a few times and discussed the prostate cancer issue.  I'm definitely a supporter of raising awareness.  My pop had it, so many men do.  We all bend over backwards to "save the ta-tas" but no one wants to discuss the shameful and lowely prostate gland. >:( :o ??? ::)  The students like to compete in facial hair growing because I can't grow any on my head!

Might have to think about making it organized, next year. 
1’—>1’

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 12:39:02 pm »

Sounds like you need to grow an amish beard with me Parnell
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 12:51:39 pm »

Got me excited....
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 05:45:15 pm »
Up here in canada we have an anual mo-vember(grow your stash) for prostrate cancer awareness.there are best moustash contests with all proceeds going towards prostrate cancer research!wonDering if this is canadian or borrowed from our southern cousins?
It's not something I know of in Florida, I'm having trouble figuring out a connection with a guys mustache and the prostrate :o ???
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bushboy

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 06:50:37 pm »
osage outlaw,that link was freaking hysterical!thx's for that!mullet,it does look kinda funny when 90% 0f guys are sporting the stash and it's well know up here what it stands for!lol!