Author Topic: Game recipes  (Read 2032 times)

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
Game recipes
« on: October 29, 2013, 03:23:12 am »
Howdy,  I figure most of you have your favorites already, but then again I really enjoy the website  'Hunter Angler Gardener Cook'.   I won't post a link, but anyone interested can find the blog easily enough.   Lots of interesting recipes/ stories. etc.     Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Game recipes
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 02:17:51 pm »
Can you imagine the scope and breadth of a game cookbook put out by the members of this forum?  Imagine the low country boil recipe, sausage recipes, jerky recipes, soups and stews, smoked goodies, and my now famous in one corner of Tennessee corned venison?  We'd even have to title one chapter, "Oh, no! You didn't!"

We are all the eating-est bunch of fools ever to lick a plate!  The cookbook would have to be epic (if not epicurean)!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Marks

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 03:47:06 pm »
1. Skin/gut animal.
2. Insert stick into rectum (of the animal only, JW) and out of the mouth (again JW, of the animal only).
3. Prop stick over fire so animal receives a good even heat.
4. Turn periodically until cooked to your preference.
5. Serve on stick.

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 04:03:54 pm »
...and my now famous in one corner of Tennessee corned venison?...
VENISON PASTRAMI???!!!??!??!?
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 11:08:39 pm »
Hey,  If someone wants to start collecting game recipes, this would be a good place to start.
Any Takers?  We get enough maybe we can put a book together.   TBB vol 5  subtitled   "So you built a bow, what you going with it?"
Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline bushboy

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 05:52:53 pm »
For rutty buck,place the meat I a mixture water,salt,lemon juice ,olive oil ,beer and tangerines over night in the fridge.remove from mixture add a marinade and chill bout 4 hours!grill on bbq and voila.
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 09:42:23 pm »
...and my now famous in one corner of Tennessee corned venison?...
VENISON PASTRAMI???!!!??!??!?

That would require packing the uncooked corned venison with herbs, spices, cracked black pepper and wet smoking.  Been there, done that, too!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.