Author Topic: (Yet another) Mollegabet dimension thread  (Read 6046 times)

Offline Jules

(Yet another) Mollegabet dimension thread
« on: October 25, 2013, 05:54:41 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm sorry I have to post yet another ‘mollegabet thread’ but I've recently started shaping an Ash bow and I'm getting close to laying out my final dimensions. I have been reading a lot about these bows on this forum and I ‘kinda’ have some dimensions from the famous Half-Eye threads (and from other comments throughout the board). The width is explained in detail but what I'm a bit worried about is the thickness of the limbs.

While we're at it, maybe we can even define a bit more 'definite' dimensions layout for others to use?

From these threads:
- Half eyes 'mollegabet dimensions' thread:
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,17521.0.html
- Ash bow dimensions thread (where half-eye posts his dimension pictures):
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,20092.0.html

I currently have these figures:

I have no idea if these could apply to any wood type (or for any desired draw weight). As you can can see the thickness is a bit vague and needs additional info (I know this depends on the wood one uses). Lets say we apply this for a standard ash bow (50#), a pretty common bowyers wood, so people could extrapolate figures for their own wood from there.

And the questions for myself: what numbers would I have to use for a decent weight ash target bow (60#?) and a heavier drawweight flight bow?

Awaiting your reply,
Jules

Offline Jules

Re: (Yet another) Mollegabet dimension thread
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 05:41:12 pm »
I'm gonna give it a swing and try some measurements and work it down from there. I'll keep you posted!

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Re: (Yet another) Mollegabet dimension thread
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 06:44:43 pm »
Seems like that should work, but I'm not an expert. Only made a couple mollies. I'm sure somebody with more experience will have something to say. Keep us posted. Would like to see that finished bow!

Tattoo Dave.
Rockford, MI