Author Topic: Tough young Hack-berry build-a-long  (Read 3330 times)

Offline toomanyknots

Re: Tough young Hack-berry build-a-long
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 09:43:21 am »
That sucks. Maybe photobucket is messed up?
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline TimPotter

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 09:50:14 am »
No It's my internet service keeps blinking out in the middle of uploads. I think. ::)
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."  Ernest Hemingway

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 12:04:49 pm »
No It's my internet service keeps blinking out in the middle of uploads. I think. ::)

Man I hate that. Our provider is the worst. (cincinnati bell) We pay like 40 bucks a month for a supposed "up to 5 mb" plan, and forever we never even got 1 mb, maybe like 700 something kb. And they have a plan for 700 kb too, which is less than we pay! It was almost unusable. I called them one day pissed off and it turns out they had us set to a lower speed, for no reason. So they reset it to get about 2 mb, which is fine. But then it will reset to below 1 mb randomly all the time anyway. And it goes out constantly. If it even sprinkles, or there is the littlest heat lightning, it will be out for days. The last time was about a week ago, our phone and internet was out for a week before the company would come to fix it. My wife uses the internet for her school, so she was uber pissed. And we are not out in the booneys, I live like a 5 minute walk from downtown hamilton (where I live) I wanted to get time warner, but she said she doesn't want the internet through the cable in case the cable goes out.

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2013, 12:27:57 am »

Man I hate that. Our provider is the worst. (cincinnati bell) We pay like 40 bucks a month for a supposed "up to 5 mb" plan, and forever we never even got 1 mb, maybe like 700 something kb. And they have a plan for 700 kb too, which is less than we pay! It was almost unusable. I called them one day pissed off and it turns out they had us set to a lower speed, for no reason. So they reset it to get about 2 mb, which is fine. But then it will reset to below 1 mb randomly all the time anyway. And it goes out constantly. If it even sprinkles, or there is the littlest heat lightning, it will be out for days. The last time was about a week ago, our phone and internet was out for a week before the company would come to fix it. My wife uses the internet for her school, so she was uber pissed. And we are not out in the booneys, I live like a 5 minute walk from downtown hamilton (where I live) I wanted to get time warner, but she said she doesn't want the internet through the cable in case the cable goes out.

Don't mean to stir the pot but when you sign up for 5 mb per second you actually get it its just when you use your internet it shows 700 or something because b=bit and B=Bite a bit is 1/8th a bite so really you are getting what they advertise most of the time, in your case they are cheating you but the speed advertised just seems to be large but is really the same as what you seem to getting which seems lower, I had the same thing happen to me as well so its common to more than just you. no offence intended hope that clarifies something.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2013, 03:21:27 pm »

Don't mean to stir the pot but when you sign up for 5 mb per second you actually get it its just when you use your internet it shows 700 or something because b=bit and B=Bite a bit is 1/8th a bite so really you are getting what they advertise most of the time, in your case they are cheating you but the speed advertised just seems to be large but is really the same as what you seem to getting which seems lower, I had the same thing happen to me as well so its common to more than just you. no offence intended hope that clarifies something.

I know the difference, we are paying for up to 5 Mbps, as advertized at the cincinnati bell website (when spelled Mbps it is refering to megabits, only when spelled MBps, does it refers to megabites). What I said, is that sometimes we will only get 700 kilobits, 1 Mbps = 1024 Kbps. Sorry for going off topic,  ;D.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 06:03:34 pm by toomanyknots »