Author Topic: New to me flintlock  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Stoker

New to me flintlock
« on: October 16, 2013, 05:05:21 pm »
TC 50cal.. Has the after market peep sight.. Good for these ole eyes.. I can see the deer at 500 yds the front sight but not the rear sight... Bought her used from a freind of mine.. He took great care of her.. Can't wait to try it out but it's raining today  :'( :'(
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline jeffhalfrack

Re: New to me flintlock
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 05:16:35 pm »
  Nice  Love it!!!  old eyes,,,,,,,I've gone back to peeps  recently love 'em  could you show me that peep??  I  have a T\C  that could use one.  Thanks good luck don't singe yer  mustache JeffW

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 05:33:01 pm »
Welcome to another addiction. You'll have fun with it, I'm sure.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Stoker

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 06:42:47 pm »
Jeff - Coupla years back Ms Kerrie looks at me as I'm reading the paper and says "I love you" I reply " I love you too" go back to reading thinking Hmm ??? Then she says "Bye the way next month your going to the eye Dr. with me" Need the reading glass'.. Sneeky girl.. O:) Not sure what kind of peep it is But I can try and find out.. And I will be careful with the stach..
Mullet - I'm sure bout that.. Monday morning (Canadain thanksgiving) I was out with my lyman deer stalker 50 cal. Love the smell of burnt powder in the morning..
Thanks Leroy

Offline seabass

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 08:35:26 pm »
nice Leroy.i really like it.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 09:45:16 pm »
Nice.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 10:16:40 pm »
Somehow folks seem to think peeps aren't for hunting, they are just for target shooting.  Fact is, your peeps acquire a sight picture faster and tighter then the old leaf and v notch sights ever could.  Oh I love me a peep sight. 

While the rifle isn't an exact copy of a particular period gun, I am ecstatic to see you snatch this up rather than go for an inline.  On a cold and foggy morning, there ain't nothing like the billowing smoke screen between you and the deer you just squeezed off a shot at.  Something amazingly like Christmas having to wait and wonder!

The way I see it, who cares if you can't see a dang thing for a bit after you shoot....ain't like you got a fast follow-up shot, do you???   >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 12:37:09 pm »
Thanks for the comments guys.. I know it's not a period peice.. But that does'nt really matter to me.. I'm not into that (YET)... Couldn't do the inline thing after shooting the cap and ball.. Personal opinion inline is the compound bow of muzzleloaders.. Don't fault anyone for doing it just not for me... A fella at the range the other day was telling me about his rifle and how far he could shoot a deer.. I told how close I can get.. Just looked at me confused... :o
Thanks Leroy

Offline JW_Halverson

uigl
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 01:00:42 pm »
A fella at the range the other day was telling me about his rifle and how far he could shoot a deer.. I told how close I can get.. Just looked at me confused... :o
Thanks Leroy

LOL! Take him and his "longrange" gun to a Quigley shoot sometime!  Iron sights on old rifles, blackpowder only, and the practice line with the close targets starts at 200 yds!  Some of them screwballs are knocking over targets at 900 yds all day long! 

Hate to tell ya, brother, but this gun is just a gateway drug to more and more traditional muzzleloaders. 

Offline Stoker

Re: uigl
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 03:43:37 pm »

Hate to tell ya, brother, but this gun is just a gateway drug to more and more traditional muzzleloaders.
[/quote]

You got it wrong.. It won't be like the time I bought a recurve for fun 17 years ago... I promise  ;) what could happen 8).. Oh ya working on a buffalo powder horn and got a coon skin for a possibles bag.. Knew I was saving those for a reason...
Thanks Leroy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 04:51:51 pm »
There you go, Leroy, I had a Lyman Deerstalker one day, also ::) ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Stoker

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 06:50:11 pm »
Looks like I'm going to black powder anonymous.. :embarassed: Can anybody spare some 4F help a brother out I'm good for it....
Thanks Leroy

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 07:06:04 pm »
Man that's a dandy.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 11:07:15 pm »
Looks like I'm going to black powder anonymous.. :embarassed: Can anybody spare some 4F help a brother out I'm good for it....
Thanks Leroy

I'm quittin'.  doctor has me on the patch.

BWAHAHAHA!  :laugh:

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 01:03:04 am »
Thanks Leroy

I'm quittin'.  doctor has me on the patch.

BWAHAHAHA!  :laugh:

Pre lubed?............................. You slay me JW!    Peeps Have always been a fav with me