Author Topic: anybody else gettin old?  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Josh B

anybody else gettin old?
« on: October 13, 2013, 07:07:04 pm »
I just had the best weekend that i can remember having for a long long time.  I been so busy for so long that my entire family was sick of it.  I managed to get home for two whole days and spent the entire time following whatever whim we came up with.  Friday evening, my fourteen yr old daughter challenged me to some one on one. (She smoked me three games in a row)  then feeling cocky, she challenged me to a foot race to the end of the driveway and back.  Which is about a 1/4 mile. ( I won, but it wasn't as easy to do as it used to be).  Saturday morning my three youngest wanted to go stump shooting along the creek and we had a blast.  So much so that we lost track of how far we went and ended up at the river four miles away.  My 8 yr old snuck up within 15 yds of a big long beard before he busted her and ran off.  She's still pumped about that.  My 5 yr old son however, was pretty  well tuckered out and I had to carry him home piggy back.  Once we got home, we all got cleaned up and the kids took a nap while I grilled steaks for supper.  After supper, we surprised my wife by taking her dancing to celebrate our anniversary.  Dance we did!  I got up this morning to make breakfast and i could barely move!  I'm getting ready  to head to ft. Worth and my body hurts just thinking about the trip.  My body may  be sore, old and out of shape, but I can' t remember my spirit feeling so good!  The pain is a small price to pay if you earn it by living the best you can.  So come on old age!  I'm not gonna give up without a fight!  Thanks for listening to my ramblings.  I just felt so good that I had to share it with someone!  Josh

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: anybody else gettin old?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 07:12:35 pm »
Family,,,,what more can I say but ....family  :)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 08:58:06 pm »
Sounds like you had the perfect weekend Josh.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 09:00:31 pm »
By next weekend the pain will be forgotten but the good memmories will last the rest of your life and your family's life also. Might be time to invest in a tube of bengay though. ;)
Steve Bennett

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 09:31:34 pm »
Sounds like you made the most of the weekend home with the family Josh, thats great and has to be worth the pain.
 Good on you for making the most of it. Probably one of the best weekends for your kids and wife also, getting to spend some time with Dad. As for feeling old my knees hurt just reading about the game of one on one and the foot race. ;)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 10:24:52 pm »
You'll probably hurt for a few days ,but the kids will remember it forever! Good times!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 07:25:47 am »
Good for you Josh, had to be a great time. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 10:34:24 am »
Sounds like you an the family had a ball, Josh. But now I just can't get the image out of my mind of you cuttin a rug!! :o
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 11:43:33 am »
Its all neat to read, but I aint buying it....................no way you beat her in a foot race that far.......nope, no way.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 01:08:07 pm »
Its all neat to read, but I aint buying it....................no way you beat her in a foot race that far.......nope, no way.

Lol!  I'm fairly quick for a short fat guy!  (For VERY short distances)  That being said, I'm pretty sure she'll smoke me next time.  She already looks me eye to eye and is all legs.  I don't think she's reached her height yet either.   
I appreciate the kind words fellas.  I feel as though a black cloud has dissipated and let the sun shine again.  It's to easy to let earning a living get in the way of living.  Sometimes I have to remind my self of that.
sorry about that Kenny, at least you were spared the actual image of me dancing!  Lol!   Josh

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 02:55:28 pm »
Sounds like a good time Josh!! Glad you made it back home for a bit.  dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline autologus

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 04:11:29 pm »
Sounds like a awesome weekend, I definitely know how you feel.  After all that I would hurt for a week.  My 15 yo. daughter is a very good basketball player but I can still take her, but there is no way I could beat her in the race she is a state champion in the 400m.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline seabass

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 04:18:26 pm »
I am glad you had a good weekend Josh.i am sure your kids miss you when you are on the road.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline country

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 07:57:38 pm »
Your a good dad Josh!!.  Your kids will remember the good times long after your pushing up daisies :)

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 09:56:15 pm »
Ibuprofen....enough said
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes