Author Topic: Gotta Love Free Tools :)  (Read 1806 times)

Offline DavidV

Gotta Love Free Tools :)
« on: October 12, 2013, 11:28:36 pm »
My dad showed up at my doorstep with a milk crate full of old power tools tonight. A Skil saw, sheet sander, 2 jig saws, and a box of carbide drill bits. I don't think there were any plastic parts on any of em...

Maybe not the no. 49 rasp or band saw I've been looking for, but you can't beat the price, lol :D
Springfield, MO

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Gotta Love Free Tools :)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 11:43:32 pm »
Check the cords.  They dry rot on those old power tools but they are easy to replace.  I got an armload of old power tools one time and every single cord was bad.  I think the jig saw that I've been using the last two days is older than my Dad.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline DavidV

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 12:23:03 pm »
you're right the cords are pretty much all bad. I'll get around to replacing them when I clean up the tools.
Springfield, MO

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 07:33:05 am »
Nothing like old ones,they sure don't make them to last like that anymore. :)
Miss Joanie is looking to buy a new refrigerator and the guy ask her how old was the one we have,she told him 33 years,he told her right off these new ones won't last near that long,what's up with that.  ??? :o ;) thought we were supposed to be getting better and smarter.  ??? Guess not. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 02:52:32 pm »
Nothing like old ones,they sure don't make them to last like that anymore. :)
Miss Joanie is looking to buy a new refrigerator and the guy ask her how old was the one we have,she told him 33 years,he told her right off these new ones won't last near that long,what's up with that.  ??? :o ;) thought we were supposed to be getting better and smarter.  ??? Guess not. :)
   Pappy

Ain't it the truth Pappy?  Our refrigerator, washer, and dryer...all original from when the house was built in the 80's.  We've got the Sears home warranty on most our appliances and when the guy comes out they all want us to call them if we think we are going to get rid of the stuff.  Easy to repair and probably will last another 30 years.  Terrible how things are manufactured now.
1’—>1’