Author Topic: Calif does it again  (Read 11663 times)

Offline bubby

Calif does it again
« on: October 12, 2013, 05:24:53 am »
Well the gov just signed a bill to van all lead ammo for hunting, what do ya think  will  that will do to the price of a box of 22 shells, if you can get them
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Calif does it again
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 05:41:25 am »
Why would someone live there? ???
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 08:36:47 am »
I feel for ya bub and understand what its like to not be able to make your own choices anymore. Our once decent state
where I reside in the midwest has become such an embarrassment to me that I have to question why I stay here.
Family, home, friends and the fact that at my age I don't have the energy to start over again somewhere else are what keep me here. 
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 11:29:04 am »
What?!  So no lead weights for fishing, as well be that logic?
1’—>1’

Offline DGF

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 11:48:30 am »
From what I've heard the idea is to protect animals from lead poisoning, condors and the like, who may eat from the gut piles or remains of unclaimed game such as prairiedogs. I've never heard of it happening and find it to be tree huggers and animal rights activists just trying to hurt hunting any way they can.

I do support steel shot for waterfowl hunting, but this is getting ridiculous.

-Dan
Wyoming, MI

Offline adb

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 12:01:57 pm »
Is that just for waterfowl? Or everything? If it's everything, that's insane. Too right Eddie... why would anyone want to live there. Arnold has sprayed plenty of lead in his time... hypocrite.

Offline DGF

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 12:33:58 pm »
Not just for shotshells, all ammo.

-Dan
Wyoming, MI

Offline sleek

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 06:07:41 pm »
Arnold isnt the Governor anymore.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline KrisDelger

• Just another guy breaking sticks
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 02:53:10 am »
Hey Bub if you wanna jump ship on Cali you can come live in the unemployment wasteland next door! (Nevada) We've got some great scenery if you can get around how stupid a good number of the people here are.
Just a young guy with a filing cabinet for a memory and a whole lot of useless information.

Offline skarhand

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 11:48:37 am »
I love California, I was born and raised there, and my grandfather and great-grandfathers were born and raised there. It makes me so sad that such a great and majestic state is getting trashed by such incompetence. My Son was born in California and is 6th generation CA born. Not many people can claim that. My family ancestors moved to Northern CA back in the early 1850's during the gold rush and later with the logging industry. I am very sad that due to economic reasons I had to move my family away from such a rich history there. I would have loved to keep it going.

But politicians with screwed up goals and agendas feel the need to ruin anything that is good.

<steps down off rant box>

So how is the weather Bub? The heat should be receding and fall swooping in by now.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 11:55:19 am »
This is exactly why I got into primitive archery.  If you make everything yourself and someone takes it away then you just make another.  As long as we have a wilderness to collect materials from, we'll be shooting.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline coaster500

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 01:11:01 pm »
Why do we live here??? Because it's the most diverse, beautiful state in the country IMHO..   Problem is this very thing attracts ever nut case in in the world here so we get some of the worst law makers in the country....  I live in San Luis Obispo county and we have been on the non lead wagon for years (Condor protection) and I'm afraid that was the inch that emboldened the liberals to take the mile and move the ban into the whole state...  Bubby we are paddling up stream I'm afraid, fight as we might we are out numbered in California.......
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline KrisDelger

• Just another guy breaking sticks
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 03:19:41 pm »
I was born in LA lived everywhere between there and Bishop growing up until my folks settled in Reno Nevada, moved back to San Francisco a few years ago, then jumped ship on the coocoo nest and scrambled back to Nevada. I love visiting your state, and I love many of the people who make up the diverse culture there, but I'd be lying if I said I'd want to move back.
Just a young guy with a filing cabinet for a memory and a whole lot of useless information.

Offline bubby

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 07:31:02 pm »
sorry guys I posted this and took off hunting, i'm with Greg, to old to restart, kids are here, grandkids, my wife aint going anywhere with them all so close, here's a pic of one great reason to stay, coaster x 2 buddy
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 12:33:45 am »
I can see some reasoning behind the thing, like the pead laint that our houses were coated in and lead additives in gasoline and to top it all off a specially designated "Lead Work Area" on a California highway project! So why are we really picking on gun toters? Whose going to protect them during the zombie apocalypse? Why all of us illegal lead using gun toters! Where's Wayne LaPierre when you need him?