Author Topic: fast arrows?  (Read 4216 times)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: fast arrows?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 01:14:29 pm »
bushboy, what spine are your arrows? I've been around for quite a few years and tuning arrows to a bow is one of my specialties  ;D Only a few things could cause the results you are talking about and they include: #1 arrow spine completely out of whack, #2 arrow nock on the string completely out of kilter (too high or too low causing the arrow to bounce off the shelf or your hand and not allowing it to recover from paradox) #3 consistent bad form and bad release. At the moment that's all I can think of. Anyone else have an opinion other than that?
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 06:46:20 am »
Sharpen or check out your points,you must be shooting blunts for them to bonce off with that set up. :-\ :-\  ;) :) Just kidding,I would have to see the set up to know but you for sure shouldn't be having that problem,something bad wrong here. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bushboy

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 11:25:09 am »
My target butt was shot ,the outter skin was deteriated beyoud repair,I rebagged it and problem solved!lol!basically I was shooting at a pile of towels and all the energy was being obsorded because the fabric could move when the arrow hit it!kinda dumb on my behalf not to figure this out sooner!lol!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 08:20:29 pm »
lol  its always something simple...outwitted by towels,, hows that make ya feel?    :laugh:
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 01:02:20 am »
Haha,  I've had the same problem on a foam target that basically had been shot so much it had a giant hole in the middle. Eventually the arrows have nothing to stick in to anymore