Author Topic: Oregon Ash longbow with sidenocks 40# @ 28"  (Read 6877 times)

JacksonCash

Re: Oregon Ash longbow with sidenocks 40# @ 28"
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2013, 09:34:51 am »
Very nice, I'd not seen the side nocks before. I am a big fan. A really pretty, clean bow.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2013, 02:51:17 pm »
Thanks guys.  I am working on an osage bow right now with side nocks. It really gives you another option for adjusting string alignment. 

asharrow, I was thinking about building my own driftboat and thought that would be a big project....now my dirftboat plans look pretty easy.  That is a nice boat!
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2013, 02:59:38 pm »
Thanks guys.  I am working on an osage bow right now with side nocks. It really gives you another option for adjusting string alignment. 

asharrow, I was thinking about building my own driftboat and thought that would be a big project....now my dirftboat plans look pretty easy.  That is a nice boat!

Actually, the sternwheeler hull was no more complicated than a drift boat--except where my ignorance made it so. I sold that boat for about what little I had in it for materials. Moved to Maine and decades later built...a DRIFT boat! Sold it when I moved to Kentucky.

Made bows in Maine and Kentucky,  but not in Oregon.

Where are you in the valley?
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2013, 03:07:40 pm »
I grew up in Jefferson, a couple blocks from my grandparents place on the Santiam.  Have a place now in Salem just a stone throw from the Willamette.
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Bowman

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2013, 02:54:10 pm »
Like that one. Nice and clean. Like the white, light beauty of ash. Nice tiller too. :-)
"for veik var kongens bue......."

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2013, 01:19:51 pm »
Thanks Bowman!

And asharrow, yes, those are black locust trees in the background.  My parents neighbors place.  I am working on him, hoping he takes me up on a bow-making class.

Offline MoNative

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 02:22:33 pm »
love the Lakota style knocks!
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light. He is our rock of ages, our everlasting arms.