Author Topic: My Archery Form  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Bearded Mountain Man

• Waxhaw Survival Ware
My Archery Form
« on: October 27, 2013, 05:49:27 pm »
Hey guys I don't get on here as often as I like, but I put together I little video in order to see what my form looks like in practice. I would love to get some feedback from y'all. Thanks,
     BMM

http://youtu.be/GrJiJL1QPlg
"As if you could kill time without injuring eternity" -Henry David Thoreau

Offline burchett.donald

Re: My Archery Form
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 06:10:57 pm »
  You asked so I will say...You are grabbing the handle sometimes and your left index finger is busy. Grip that handle the same every time. Beautiful place to practice and your bow is quite.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline steve b.

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 11:18:01 am »
Looks good to me.  I think the most important aspect of form, assuming you are standing correctly and not hyperextending your bow arm, is the release, and although your right hand is shaded, making it somewhat difficult to see if your hand is relaxed, your hand moves back straight and consistently on each shot, indicating a relaxed hand.  You are anchoring consistently and not jumping all around at the release, remaining very still and following through.   The only other issue might be whether you are consistently gripping the bow, firmly or loosely, thereby assuring consistent arrow flight.

Offline Bearded Mountain Man

• Waxhaw Survival Ware
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 10:54:31 am »
Thanks for the feedback! My grip is fairly loose. I'll keep an eye on that index finger. I am posting another video explaining the steps of my shooting form. So look forward to that as well. I am curious to know how others shooting form varies from mine.
Thanks again,
      Shane
"As if you could kill time without injuring eternity" -Henry David Thoreau

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 06:21:55 pm »
I'm about where you are on the gap shooting side.  I think your form looks solid.  Looks very linear and repeatable.  Or at least we hope so with practice.   I tried instinctive at first and got ok at it but saw better results shortly after going to gap.  Probably the analytical computer geek in me.  ;D
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln