Author Topic: Not your usual handle pop off[fix & pics added][finish & pics added]  (Read 11891 times)

Offline TimPotter

Re: Not your usual handle pop off[fix & pics added][finish & pics added]
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2013, 10:06:56 am »
Really good job with that. The bow looks great to me.
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."  Ernest Hemingway

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2013, 10:09:43 am »
Good work on that repair Beadman, sweet locust bow for your efforts. That full draw looks real nice and knowing a little about black locust I'd guess it has nice cast.Good info on the drying and storage technique for BL too. I have some locust cut 7 months ago that I'd like to get at but usually I like to let it season a year or two.
Might just have to reduce one down and get a start on it but then again its hunting season now so bow making kinda slows down for me until Jan. again. Thanks for posting the bow and repair/drying info., good stuff.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2013, 05:49:51 pm »
wow i count 23 bows. pretty awsome do you shoot all of them.? nice save  :laugh:
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2013, 05:38:18 am »
Yes I shoot them all and they are all shot in well.They're just the favorites lately from the last couple of years.Lots more bows & beginnings of bows setting around other places in the house.You'd be surprised the amount of bows people have in their house.It takes a lot of constant practice to shoot these consistently accurate & kill game with them.That's constant.You can also see the changes in designs and improvements[or failures]....LOL over the years.
It can be creatively refreshing to take a break from making one bow after another.Get new inspirations &  ideas etc.Some projects can almost take as much time planning as making them.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed