Author Topic: Hand shock / twang questions - experienced advice needed...Please  (Read 5437 times)

Offline 4dog

Re: Hand shock / twang questions - experienced advice needed...Please
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 03:14:46 pm »
Is there a perfect bow??  Good luck with that yall    O:)
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Capt

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 03:17:26 pm »
Definitely Agree... Both making and shooting (instinctively) Bows takes skill and focus....

its not like were just making stools or  wooden spoons....

To Me well made Bows are masterfully crafted feats of engineering that take knowledge understanding and valuable traits to produce... Skill patience and a thorough understanding of the craft are all key...... Such a shame that so few people appreciate what it takes... but hey who cares... its not like were doing it for anyones approval or praise... its a personal thing for me a feeling of self achievement... ;)

Love it...!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 03:19:59 pm »
Ding-ding-ding Capt. That was a great descriptive.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 09:38:21 pm »
... but hey who cares... its not like were doing it for anyones approval or praise... its a personal thing for me a feeling of self achievement... ;)

Give the boy a cigar!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 12:06:46 am »
Definitely Agree... Both making and shooting (instinctively) Bows takes skill and focus....

its not like were just making stools or  wooden spoons....

To Me well made Bows are masterfully crafted feats of engineering that take knowledge understanding and valuable traits to produce... Skill patience and a thorough understanding of the craft are all key...... Such a shame that so few people appreciate what it takes... but hey who cares... its not like were doing it for anyones approval or praise... its a personal thing for me a feeling of self achievement... ;)

Love it...!

HE GETS IT!!!!
Forget the cigar send this man another stave!

Now, take a game animal with one. That's a worth while achievement as well.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 12:11:06 am by Bryce (Pinecone) »
Clatskanie, Oregon

mikekeswick

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 03:40:12 am »
Pearl Drums and Artcher1,

Big thanks,,,, i identified a slight stiff spot in the upper limb as you both rightly spotted... i'm sure it wasnt there before the skin job but hey?

i noticed also at that spot on the limb one of the sides was less rounded by quite a degree than the other, i'm pretty sure this happened when i was filing off the excess skin and glue with my metal file.....

Anyway i rounded the edges in that spot symmetrically and thinned roughly one thin growth ring from arround 6" of limb in that area with 120 grit sand paper... the tiller looks spot on once again......

I re braced a little higher at 6 5/8" and shot a few arrows at my 26" draw............. whalah!! it's silent and no hand shock what so ever.. ;D :D :laugh:

Told ya so!
Glad it's working for you now.

Offline Capt

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 11:47:28 am »
Forget the cigar send this man another stave!

Yes get this man a stave... :D

I'm down here in mexico and getting a good bow stave was tough last time..... i really want to get more Osage but finding a dealer can be tough... Who do you all recommend?  i only need them to be able to ship to San Diego... i have a contact there that can jump me stuff over the border and forward to me here in South Baja.....

I'm ideally looking for something clean to make myself a nice Mollegabet or something that will make a good character Bow Snakey would be cool...

Who deals in good seasoned Osage..... Any Clue

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 12:45:55 pm »
Dean marlow
Or
Carson @ echo archery
Clatskanie, Oregon