Author Topic: Pyramid belly taper...  (Read 4926 times)

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: Pyramid belly taper...
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 04:12:33 pm »
Yes Sir!  That's exactly what I was trying to say.  I know that i can get long winded and confusing at times so I'm always glad when I actually convey the message properly.  Lol!  Josh

long winded lol thats an understatment i dont think ive ever see you give a one liner lol :P

Offline Wooden Spring

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 04:17:01 pm »
Yes Sir!  That's exactly what I was trying to say.  I know that i can get long winded and confusing at times so I'm always glad when I actually convey the message properly.  Lol!  Josh

10-4! I gots me some sawdust to make then.
Thanks dude!
"Everything that moves shall be food for you..." Genesis 9:3

Offline artcher1

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 04:36:31 pm »
in my experience b50 tends to vibrate way more than anything else. i love dynaflight 97 great stuff

That 18 strand B-50 is probably your greatest source of vibrations. A 14 strand string is more than enough for that weight. Try a FF string like BOWMAN suggested. I use a mix of the two myself, but that's another story.

Like I stated above, it's all about trade-offs. For myself, using a shorter draw, and shooting heavy hunting arrows in lighter weight bows, I would keep those tips just the way they are. That would give me optimum performance for my requirements. Everyone's requirements differ to a certain degree, and to find what best suits your needs you have to experiment.

So, it's safe to say, most of advice we give is derived from our own experiences. But the best advice I can give, is not to depend so much on others advice, but learn this stuff first hand ;D.  From the looks of your work, you already have a very good understanding of your own requirements................ Art

Offline bubby

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 05:06:59 pm »
I got to agree with art, although a #60 bow b-50 string I only go 12 strands anymore
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Wooden Spring

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 05:18:20 pm »
Thanks everyone for all the advice, I really appreciate it.
"Everything that moves shall be food for you..." Genesis 9:3