Author Topic: lil drummer boys new R/D Static Recurve BBO bow  (Read 8104 times)

blackhawk

lil drummer boys new R/D Static Recurve BBO bow
« on: September 25, 2013, 08:54:37 pm »
This one I can not lay claim to gluing up....it exchanged hands a few times before it fell into my hands...how many times I do not know? This year at the Tennessee Classic a guy was walking around with this blank he bought off of James Parker the previous year at the classic...I remember the year before seeing a Marc St. Louis blank on his vendors table,and I think this was the one the guy had bought?...where James got it I don't know?  ??? Any way this gentleman had never made or tillered a bow and was looking to pay someone to tiller/finish it out for him,and for some reason a few guys all pointed him to my direction(don't know why)  ::)  :laugh: ...the guy just wanted a natural materials bow,so I got to thinking and struck up a deal with him and traded away my hunting bow from last year  :-\ ...but it was a fair trade id say in the end  ;D I finished this one up a few weeks ago,and was gonna put a leather grip on ,but decided nah... its 62"...57@27"...bacote tips(I did glue those on)...theres cherry,another piece of osage,and a whitewood lam in the handle...and of course I shaped the handle to my liking....and it thumps a nice arra  8)

thanks for looking  8)  :) ...and don't give me all the credit  ::)  8)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:48:34 pm by blackhawk »

Offline Blaflair2

Re: R/D Static Recurve BBO
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 08:58:59 pm »
Sweet bow
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 09:36:29 pm »
Nice bow man.  When are you going to post another self bow >:D.  Just messin with ya .  Love to see any of the death dealers you put on here

blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 09:51:22 pm »
Thanks guys...Bruce sent ya a pm back....funny you ask matt...next week bro, after I come back from my weekend adventure..just finished up a self bow last weekend ,n put the last coat of oil on today...and it has ties to the Tennessee Classic too ;)

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 09:53:34 pm »
Great hunting specs, length and draw weight, and the tiller is outstanding. You gotta get out there and tag a deer with that bow Chris. Oh the finish is real nice also, sweet bow all around.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 09:55:47 pm »
[Can't wait to see it Chris

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 10:02:21 pm »
That thing must really shoot  hard if ya have to stack up tree targets befor you shoot it >:D
Knapper
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 10:20:28 pm »
That has a nice bend to it.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 10:27:58 pm »
Very nice Chris, love the profile.

Jon

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 10:57:20 pm »
Nice bow and nice baby face  ;D  What happened to the beard? 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline TimPotter

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 11:03:06 pm »
I like how you finished that out. And your right about deciding against a leather grip. There's no purpose for such pretty variation in lams in a non-bending handle other than to be shown off.

It's funny because today I decided to pull off a rather ugly handle job I'd done on a red-oak longbow. It was just wrapped and glued heavy hemp twine. But beneath was rawhide I don't even remember putting on. Then beneath that the handle lams were red-mulberry, maple and then cherry. I thought "now why did I cover all that up"? Then noticed the uneven glue lines. :-D

You did that glue up justice.
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."  Ernest Hemingway

Offline Badger

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 01:10:40 am »
      That has to be one of the nicest I have seen. Excellent job finishing that bow.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 04:55:48 am »
That is one sweet fine looking bow Chris.From every view.You did all of the previous handlers of that piece justice.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

blackhawk

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 08:13:33 am »
Thanks guys for the replies... :D

Well Clint...if ya can't see from the pics it looks like I shaved ;)  :laugh:

Yeah thimo i have a hard time covering up laminate handles...you prob put the rawhide and hemp wrap on for strength thinking your glue lines were too shabby to hold up...or just to hide them too ;)

Offline TimPotter

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 08:20:24 am »
Blackhawk they needed hiding. :-D Not quite Medusa's face but ugly enough.
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."  Ernest Hemingway