Author Topic: finished first english longbow thanks for the help ( with pics)  (Read 4473 times)

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: finished first english longbow thanks for the help ( with pics)
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2013, 01:55:48 am »
Looks good ;) I wish  I had as good of luck with m b w as you :'(
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline rockrush69

• i want to live in a tipi and hunt for my food
    • facebook.com/flingahbows
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 01:39:13 am »
To soy ... all i have learned is to slow down.  Let it take a month to make the bow if need be six months.  Once i did that .. they started coming out way better . My last name is rush so .... this was hard for me .. lol but when i got tierd or confused .... i stopped . And thought . Maybe for dYs ... and then went back at it.  Literally take a scrap off at a time ... molest the bow ... learn each stave inside and out . It really takes a true nerd ... and i am nooooo master by any means at all . And expecially with english longbows . Dude they are hard to make.  And yew wood is differwnt than most others . There is a guy on her called del the cat ... he is really good and will answer your questions without holding back. WHICH IS WHAT WE ALL NEED . I hope your next bow is a complete success ! Peace
JESSE "HALF CHEROKEE" RUSH
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 02:29:51 am »
I did not even get to start it...long story ..., thank you for the advice ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 02:54:08 am by soy »
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline TimPotter

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 07:24:38 am »
Great job. Leave the tips alone. I did a bow similar in fashion some years back that followed the specs of a Viking bow. Lots of guys kept saying reduce those tips and I would say No I want it to look this way. Plenty of time for more bows with lighter tips.

Reading Saxon Pope is funny stuff  to today's ears, but he is partly responsible for how we as bowyers and bow hunters have evolved.

Again, well done!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:20:30 am by TimPotter »
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."  Ernest Hemingway

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 08:03:56 am »
Nice looking bow,congrats on that one. Like your tat,even though I would want it,cool on someone else.  ;) ;D ;D Our family crest is a goat head,I know I don't want that on my chest. ??? ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good