Author Topic: What a guy!!  (Read 2201 times)

Stringman

What a guy!!
« on: September 22, 2013, 09:49:34 pm »
I got a call from a good friend of mine (actually my bow building mentor) who said he had something for me. Not being a guy who makes a habit of turning down hand outs, I made the time to take a trip over to his house this weekend. We talked about bows for a bit and then he leads me down to his workshop and shows me this enormous 8' long hot box. Somebody obviously put a lot of thought into it and I was super excited to be the new owner. As the story unfolded I realized there was more. In the bottom of the box was all kinds of various blocks of wood from myrtle, curly maple, and Purple Heart, to bocote, persimmon, cherry, Osage and several I couldn't name.

This was just a huge gift and it meant alot that he had thought of me when he received it. I would have felt bad taking all this, except that he had ready removed more than a dozen staves and some of the bigger chunks of accent wood.  ::)

He also gave me a long tube full of f****glass (not sure what I'll do with that,) a couple pieces of bamboo, a primo Osage stave, and a couple forms.

What an amazingly generous gift!

Offline jeffhalfrack

Re: What a guy!!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 09:59:45 pm »
 It"s allways  good  to see  good things happen to good people!!  I have a home for that F*&%#@ Glass if you don't :)  JeffW

Offline Josh B

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 10:09:49 pm »
What a score!  Sweet!  Josh

Offline wood_bandit99

• Shoot straight my friends!!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 11:18:11 pm »
I'll take the forms! Nice treasury your building!
Yew and osage, BEST. WOODS. EVER! Shoot straight my friends!!!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 08:55:46 am »
Mr. Raw Materials at your service! What do you give the guy that has everything?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 09:45:58 pm »
A true friend indeed......................
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 12:26:00 am »
That Is Awesome!

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 01:12:42 am »
Wow that's a gift there !! Very nice.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.