Author Topic: thinking of moving to the south oreagon tipi village  (Read 5702 times)

Offline rockrush69

• i want to live in a tipi and hunt for my food
    • facebook.com/flingahbows
thinking of moving to the south oreagon tipi village
« on: September 19, 2013, 06:43:08 pm »
Hi ... my name is jesse ... and over the past few years i have reverted back to the old ways as much as humanly possible here in society . . . Runni g out of options i came across a blog on Here about a family who lives like nomades in a tipi village.  Instantly this struck a chord into my soul .thinking of the village and how beutiful and native the life style must be . I have been making a list of things (like solar panels and other belongings) i would need to go there with . I would like to have at least my cell phone with iinternet and a way to charge it (for how to videos and build alongs to help me out there ) also i wonder about my truck . As i believe it would not be needed out there it would be nice to have near by ( incase of an emergency) also i wonder if they are allowed to hunt for food there (at least duri g hunting season bow only of coarse ) so .... i have found theyre website and written them an email aski g about price (which thus far seems to only be 1$ per day !)  And about theyre rules ... and if i am welcome to come try out this lifestyle . I feel like waking in the morning and stepping out of my tipi to smell the fresh air and feel the earth as she cradles me would be incredible . Taking my bow and going to get food rabbit squrel ect. And maybe even starti g a nice small garden ( or adding to a comunity one ) collecting firewood for warmth and light and cooking ... am i the onlyone who finds this highly attractive ? I read that there are only 14 people there on theyre website ... i figured there would be more ... but im sure everyone is just to caught up in this blinding rat race this country has set up for us to conform us all and enslave us to the dollar bill . Well not this guy . If i recieve an email back saying sure. Come on out .... its good by sticky hot south florida and hello personal paradise !!! I know it will be cold there but i am used to that as i spent the last 5 years in wisconsin as a roofer (not taking off winter ) as a bowyer this is an oppertunity to hone my skills and slow life down a bit (it goes by much to fast here and i feel as if im missing it !) And. Live the way we were ment to live .... i pray to spend this winter there . . . But we will see .

Dreaming from florida
                                              Jesse "half cherokee" Rush
                                                                             Namaste
JESSE "HALF CHEROKEE" RUSH
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline Josh B

Re: thinking of moving to the south oreagon tipi village
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 10:46:21 pm »
You might want to check this out before you plan much further. http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,41825.msg559692.html#msg559692
Josh

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 03:18:06 pm »
Wow .... i thought it was privatly owned already . And they had permission to be there .....  yeah.........sorry but its the truth . There are kids there and they are poisoning the wTer !!!!! You know i saw chem trails over the sky in his pics to . . . . But i must say it is by far not the only tipi village in america ... in fact there is almost one in every state . So my dream is not over yet
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:12:28 am by criveraville »
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline Josh B

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 10:40:33 pm »
Well....there's always Mexico if you don't like it here. ;)  Josh

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 05:55:26 pm »
Speaking of kids, watch the language. This is a family forum. Respect it.
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 02:16:15 am »
Ya know ... maybe not mexico .. but canada . Or alaska ..  in a heart beat :)

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 02:21:01 am »
iAnd sorry for saying the s word ........  :o......... wont happen again . Thats for sure .... and i wont get into all the reaso s to leave here ether . Its not that kin da sight. ...... if you dont think whats goi g o. At that village is horribly wrong ... but are into primative living.  Or primative anything ...... im done . I got some huntin To do . Take it easy .

Offline Josh B

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 09:13:47 am »
Actually, at one time, I was considering trying to buy an abandoned fishing resort in Alaska and disappearing.  But two things stopped me.  I thought about what it would take to survive there completely cut off and the chances of disaster striking.  The other thing that stopped me is that I met my wife, got married and immediately started filling the house with kids.  The Alaska bit is still a bit of a dream in the back of my mind, but only that.  Josh