Author Topic: Here is mine, what was your very first bow?  (Read 20823 times)

Offline BowSlayer

Re: Here is mine, what was your very first bow?
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2013, 03:02:47 pm »
this was made from a dowel (wooden rod) and it is only 1" in diamitre. i might have a go at making it with a rounded belly. ill give it another go.
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline adb

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2013, 07:04:42 pm »
Come on Squirrelly Boy... there's gotta be better wood where you are than a 1" dowel (wooden rod).  :o

Offline 4dog

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2013, 07:09:27 pm »
C'mon my british bros, one of you guys have got to throw this kid a a real stave and a shove in the right direction,if for no other reason he weill be very busy for a bit,ya cant type if your rasping a stave.  Give the lad some bow wood somebody!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline sweetpea

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2013, 07:11:33 pm »
Nice looking bows, everyone. Pearlie boy, don't let little Twinkie get to you, I've never seen him come on this site with anything he has built but a stir stick.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2013, 02:10:10 am »
Not too shabby BS!  I was wondering which one you considered your first bow.  Josh

Offline TimPotter

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2013, 12:33:56 pm »
Thanks Blackhawk.

It's really cool seeing everyone's 1st bows. Though to be honest I'd have to label mine "1st successful bow". I made alt of toys and campfires before that. :-)
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."  Ernest Hemingway

Offline Robby101

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2013, 01:02:07 pm »

Well, its not exactly my first bow, that one was willow wood and went back to earth almost sixty years ago. But, it is the first one that I took a deer with over thirty-five years ago. Osage, about sixty pounds. Hmmmmmmm, next year, if I'm able, this is the bow of choice! Thanks for bringing this up!!!!
Robby