Author Topic: maple character bow!  (Read 14297 times)

Offline wood_bandit99

• Shoot straight my friends!!
Re: maple character bow!
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2013, 11:27:58 pm »
Yes. We were all trying to help u. My first bow as a character bow and it came out 20 lbs too light. It had really bad tiller. My second one had better tiller but I left knots really thick. The third was good. The knots add wood around it and raise themselves so the weak area isn't bending but the extra wood around it bends because it equals the wood it would have without the knot. Took me two times to learn that and I read and watched EVERYTHING for a year before making my first one. Everything after my third has been small changes for less string follow, faster bow, better handles, etc. I have a few bowyer friends that are way more experienced than me that I occasionally ask questions if I have never ran into that problem. It's more experience and slight tricks that make u a good bowyer. Along with that comes adaptability. Set a goal to make every bow better than the last and pick out every flaw that you could change. Have fun :) :) :) :)
Yew and osage, BEST. WOODS. EVER! Shoot straight my friends!!!

Offline 4dog

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2013, 11:30:57 pm »
Build ya another one...wish i started building bows while i still had zits..might actually be good at it...lol... smooth it up..shoot it till it shatters.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2013, 04:10:26 am »
Build ya another one...wish i started building bows while i still had zits..might actually be good at it...lol... smooth it up..shoot it till it shatters.

:laugh:
London, England.

45#@28"