Author Topic: New Longbow (pic heavy)  (Read 5772 times)

Offline wood_bandit99

• Shoot straight my friends!!
Re: New Longbow (pic heavy)
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2013, 05:57:38 pm »
Yeah I drew Mcallister. What section have u been in? I drew deercreek this year and this is my grist year to put in for it.
Yew and osage, BEST. WOODS. EVER! Shoot straight my friends!!!

Offline okie64

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 06:32:56 pm »
I have hunted all 3 areas. I hunted in deer creek 3 years ago but didnt have much luck in there. It has more to do with what weekend you are hunting than what area you're in. There are tons of deer and really nice bucks in all 3 areas. The november weekend hunts are the only hunts that I put in for now, much more action on those weekends. There is a massive post oak acorn crop this year and that place is full of them, so I would say your best bet is to find a post oak flat and hunt the crap out of it. There are tons of bodark trees down there too so dont get distracted from your hunting admiring all the horseapples dangling from the trees.

Offline wood_bandit99

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2013, 07:09:26 pm »
That might be hard :) I will be sad that I can't cut any down. :( I might just cry. But anyways I drew it end of October and I will hunt those areas!

Offline k-hat

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 01:54:13 am »
I was bagging on my own skills or lack thereof.  It was a joke.  The point was its harder to get away with mistakes if you start with a good clean stave and requires a spot on tiller to look good.  Character staves play so many tricks on the eye that you can get away with more mistakes.  Therefore I use character to hide my lack of skills.  I don't think I can say it any better.   Josh

And here i thought i just tillered my character bows "better" than my straight staves ::) ;).

You're too self-deprecating Doc.  You've certainly pointed many in the right direction on these tuffies besides myself.  I agree with you 100% on how to handle 'em, so you must be right lol

That said..... great job on that tiller wood-bandit, especially for a noob ;) 

Offline wood_bandit99

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2013, 09:00:35 am »
Hahaha. Watch out or I might hunt u down with this noob bow, old man!!! ;) LOL

Offline Josh B

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2013, 10:02:41 am »
Yeah K-hat, I was just goofing some and having a little fun.  I figure if I pick on myself, nobody will get their feelings hurt.  I was wrong.  Lol!   Josh