Author Topic: Got half done...  (Read 4912 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Got half done...
« on: September 11, 2013, 07:44:47 pm »
This stone tip stuff is tough. Its my first effort and Im dedicated to gettting "A" deer with stone. The obsidian is from my good friend Paul Robertson and the other is from my good friend Scott "no elk" Stanberry... ;). I still have two more from Scott I need to mount, its slow going. Two of the shafts are Hill from hippy and one is sourwood from Artsy tartsy. They are all proven flyers, so Im all in this season!

The funky black and red arrow is a hill cane I broke the knock off. I drilled it out and made a stepped fir insert and super glued it in, then tied it all together and cut another groove in. The feathers wouldnt sit right on the wrapped area, hence the reaosn they are so forward. Flys like a bullet.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Got half done...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 08:11:03 pm »
Those look good... wish my arra's looked that good.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 08:14:13 pm »
lookin' good Chris
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Matt G.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 08:16:27 pm »
I like it Chris. I'll be doing my first hafting hopefully next weekend. I hope mine turn out that well!
Keeping the Faith!
Matt

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 08:34:56 pm »
Nice work, Pearlie. How do they spin. I spin arrows on the tip of my finder and can feel the slightest wobble. Even a crooked arrow can spin true and thus fly true.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 08:45:44 pm »
Lookin' good Chris, hope you get to see one pass thru a deer's boiler room soon. Like the feather fluffs also, good for
seeing where the arrow hits when you stick a deer. I'm with you on going for the stone kill this year and got me some
nice bubby points as well that I'll be mounting soon. Good luck pearlie!
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 08:49:38 pm »
I like the little downy type feathers at the top of the fletching.  It inspires some ideas of my own. 
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 09:41:29 pm »
I'm with ya Pearl ,  on the stone stuff being dedicated this season.  I need a few more points to add to some arra's and I'll be ready to fling some at those critters.  By the way those you got there look pretty good!
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 10:00:11 pm »
Sharp looking arrows PD.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 10:08:38 pm »
Hey thanks alot guys! The feather is duck down. Figure its waterproofish and light.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 10:10:06 pm »
Lookin' good Chris, hope you get to see one pass thru a deer's boiler room soon. Like the feather fluffs also, good for
seeing where the arrow hits when you stick a deer. I'm with you on going for the stone kill this year and got me some
nice bubby points as well that I'll be mounting soon. Good luck pearlie!

Back at ya' Greg! Im going to get after those viburnum shoots you gave me this winter. And if I have to? Ill build me a new bow to match 'em!

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 10:54:14 pm »
I just saw the title " Got Half Done"  Make sure you post "the rest"
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 11:01:40 pm »
 Now was that ABO crazy glue, Pearly? :laugh:

Offline TRACY

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 11:45:10 pm »
I've got points from both guys and they will get the job done! Really nice ammo Pearl.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 11:45:43 pm »
Damn Chris you'd build a whole new bow to match your arrows, your ambitious.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.