Author Topic: Got half done...  (Read 4906 times)

Offline seabass

Re: Got half done...
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 11:45:54 pm »
you go get them Chris.i have hunted stone the last two years and have yet to get a shot.i will press on until I get it done.last year I had a buck at 30 yards.i was in a natural blind with a selfbow I made and a cane arrow with obsidian point.i don't shoot that good.it was hard passing the shot,but it was the right thing to do.this year will be my year(I hope).if not,i will still have fun doing it.good luck this season brother.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 01:04:35 am »
Looks like some deer killers to me Pearly.  I'll try to post mine tomorrow if I get them done.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline DGF

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 01:38:24 am »
Looks good Chris. I'm going to be trying stone points this fall as well. I like the feather arrow tracers as well.

-Dan
Wyoming, MI

Offline artcher1

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 08:11:06 am »
No sense in being half a bow and arrow(yer) >:D! Get 'er done!  Bet they do do fly nice. I like 'em.................Art B

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 08:14:59 am »
Good looking arrows, if you do your part they should do theirs. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 08:40:31 am »
Now was that ABO crazy glue, Pearly? :laugh:

Hahahahaha! I used pitch but couldnt come up with a good way to seal the sinew binding. I wiped glue on with an osage sliver. This is ALL new to me. If you guys see something goofy please tell me now.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 08:43:18 am »
Looks good Chris. I'm going to be trying stone points this fall as well. I like the feather arrow tracers as well.

-Dan

Dan-O I totally stole that idea from Greg in Elm Hall! They are just domestic duck down.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 09:03:01 am »
Ive only made 3 all primitive stone tipped arrows but i quickly learned that superglue aint the thing to use on ANY wrap.. It makes the thread, silk, or sinew brittle in my experiance. I use abit of TB3 on my finger and wipe it around my wraps(ok, not so primitive). I aint shot a deer with them yet but it holds up really well shootin thru a bag target and i had zero issues huntin inda rain... I used pigeon fluff for my little tracer feathers. Looked awesome... Till i shot em a few times, lol... Next time I'll use duck or goose  ;) .... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 07:04:06 pm »
Nice work, Pearlie. How do they spin. I spin arrows on the tip of my finder and can feel the slightest wobble. Even a crooked arrow can spin true and thus fly true.

I did the spin test on all of them before the pitch set right up. Worked great. These 3 have all been shot at least a few times into a styrofoam block to prove the flight. Call me crazy? But I swear they feel a touch sharper now?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 11:58:58 pm »
If the heads loosen for some reason all you have to do is heat the point a bit and the glue will
re-adhere.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2013, 12:06:35 am »
Great looking set there Pearl.  Were you a little spooked to shot them into the styrofoam?  Can't wait to see the other half :)

Offline adb

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2013, 01:45:59 am »
Very nice arrows!!

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2013, 02:08:10 pm »
That's a good looking set of arrows.  They look like they will get the job done.  Good luck this year.  I took my first deer with a stone point last year and I swear that little doe meant more to me than any big buck I have ever killed.  It hooks you up with your ancestors.  You'll see what I mean....  :)
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2013, 11:42:28 am »
   It gets easyer with time I asure you. Those look alot better than the first ones I killed bucks with.
  SWEETTTTTTTTTT
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Stringman

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2013, 11:56:57 am »
Heck yeah!!! Way to jump right in, Chris! Luck to ya this season!